Freezing jars of medicine

Ragged Trousered Phil

Freezing jars of our beautiful medicine. 

I'm curious as to how long it will last if frozen in jars. Let's face it, it can't get any colder or darker. 

Please share your experiences as to how long you've kept a decent yield in tip top condition just by jarring it up and bunging it in the freezer. 

Much love ✌️

• Like 1

I've dried it well, vacuum packed it and been fine 12mth + later. Just remember to take it out and decant to a big jar to smoke it. Make the packages what you want to smoke. Ie 1/2 Oz at at time 

I usually leave it in my tent in an open jar for a day just to make sure no moisture. Vacuum pack in a plastic takeway box to stop crushing it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lean Bear said:

ETA I think you'd be able to keep it 24m no issue. Just never got that long lol

I must admit, having a couple of years worth is a nice problem to have. I just don't want it to go off. 

I must be a bit of a lightweight haha. 

Turn  it all into sift and/or bubble hash. They taste better with time and can easily be frozen, especially if you go one step further and turn it into a solid lump. Then the outer shell will oxidise protecting the insides from degradation. Eeven better, turn the hash into rosin hash with a 20t hot press, that removes pretty much all traces of the plant and moisture, so you'll have a product that will freeze perfectly. :yep:

• Like 1

Yes, you can freeze it but don't open the bag when it's frozen because atmospheric moisture will condense on it and make it wet.

• Like 2