opinion of secret jardin tents?

KingAether

The secret jardin pictures look really nice but also kind of look like digital concept art with how flat it all is; almost hardbacked. 

I'm currently deciding weather its worth getting the SJ DP60 (60 x 40 x 60) prop tent over the Cultilabs 60 x 40 x 60 or not. Something tells me they are they exact same tent with a different label with different display pictures and £15 price difference...
either one i buy i will paste a layer of whitite mylar inside it as i preffer to to silver inner so the reflective quality doesn't really matter

I know its not 100% necessary to get either but i would rather use my 35w The brookes led strip for seedlings in a suitable size space than a 250/680w turned down to 100w and hung up high. It would also allow me to have the prop tent where i can keep a closer eye on the temp/rh and be much easier to keep them right in a tiny space with a full power light radiating heat rather than a big space with a light turned down to low power; I don't want to add humidifiers and heat mats to the leccy bill for sproutling

Thanks in advance if anyone has any input

Edited by KingAether

I have a bigger version of this, and in my opinion it’s one of the best tents I’ve had, you can put the extraction holes and wire holes exactly where you want them and the accessories they do for them are pretty decent. I’ve had bay 6 tents and budbox and I prefer the jardin one over those, just well thought out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woozy said:

I have a bigger version of this, and in my opinion it’s one of the best tents I’ve had, you can put the extraction holes and wire holes exactly where you want them and the accessories they do for them are pretty decent. I’ve had bay 6 tents and budbox and I prefer the jardin one over those, just well thought out.

Ill try and find a video or store where i can take a look in person; are they regular silver mylar inside and not as flat and perfect as the pictures look ? Thank you for the input!

I've got the little SJ prop tent (just had a look - it's the DP 90 model), and I would say that it is a good buy. Don't think it cost too much, and it's still doing a good job several years later. As well as being bang on for seedlings with a T5 in it, I also find it handy as a little drying tent.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Deranged World said:

Maybe too big, but the budbox comes with white inside for £89.95 but its 75x75x100cm 

I did consider it and stick to the budbox pros when i can, i could theoretically double up by putting a floor in the middle up if i ever needed to but £80~ for 2 seedlings and a 35w LED strip just seems to much; i got 1m x 3m of thick white mylar for £3

19 minutes ago, Bush Cat said:

It's definitely not flat mylar, I have the dp90

Just now, Sp1n said:

I've got the little SJ prop tent (just had a look - it's the DP 90 model), and I would say that it is a good buy. Don't think it cost too much, and it's still doing a good job several years later. As well as being bang on for seedlings with a T5 in it, I also find it handy as a little drying tent.

Do you think it could be smaller and still useful ? Im looking at the DP60 size so 60x40x60 instead of 90x60x90; with the recommended hanging distance ill have about 10cm of growth height before moving them to the veg tent 

Aye but you're getting a space thats x3 times for thst extra and you could use it for drying in, plus it gives you an extra 40cm usable height too. 

I was looking at 60x40x60, but its really more for a few mums to stay in for my plans. Hope you get sorted. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KingAether said:

Do you think it could be smaller and still useful ? Im looking at the DP60 size so 60x40x60 instead of 90x60x90; with the recommended hanging distance ill have about 10cm of growth height before moving them to the veg tent 

It totally depends on what you are planning to do with it. You need to think about how long you intend to keep your plants in there, so really only you can answer that question. I've kept plants in veg in mine for a good while, but as you've pointed out, ultimately it's the lack headroom that dictates how long they can stay in there for. If you aim to use it strictly for seedlings then perhaps the DP 60 would work? Sorry I know that's not much help. ATB with it :) 

• Like 3

I had a rethink last night and decided i need the extra space because ill likely try and fill out the veg tent and have no room in there for a mother so ill wait and find a budbox pro (or homebox:wub:) 75x75x100 on sale or a display model. That way i can keep a mother in there with 45cm~ to play with to keep it short and just take 4 clones every 6 weeks. If the 35w strip isn't enough when it has mother a (though i read 100w clf is enough to keep a healthy, short mother and root clones) i have the space to add a 100w cfl or put the spare scopeX 250 in there. 

• Like 1

I think a couple of cfl lamps would be best option. 

T5 would be too much growth, 

1 guy i saw was using an led bulb, par38 replacement. At 5000k 

But if that works, then surely any 5000k led bulb would work. 

• Like 3

I plan to hang this in it with supplementary 100w clf bulb if needed; i really dont want much growth on a mother and can adjust the clones height as needed once set up with a shelf im having 3d printed to fit between two poles
large.243241041_347858220429115_2310815959315858516_n.jpg