Drying larger amounts of flower on racks: advice

Slippy One

Just now, Revive said:

Can't you just string the tent out then mate and hang em?

I guess I could with the tops, so I'll be taking as many main colas as I can for to fill the sealed bedroom on clothes racks, but there's just too much to dry trim. I've got exactly a week to come up with a plan. £275 Trim Bag to shake dry sticks or Spinpro (which I already have) and racks. 

I was always under the impression I could get more flower on racks than hanging stalks.. Maybe that's wrong or maybe they're equal in terms of space needed. This is the main reason to spinpro - racks. Also, post processing was a ballache last year, took nearly 6 weeks to get most of it in jars... 

• Like 1

@Slippy One i guess if your gonna use a spin pro then its gonna have to be nets.. I was gonna go that way until I thought about how id get to  check on them once all the nets was hanging.. I think with loads it will be a bit of agg.. cant you freeze some of the smaller stuff to bide yourself some time dude?

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

Just now, Revive said:

@Slippy One i guess if your gonna use a spin pro then its gonna have to be nets.. I was gonna go that way until I thought about how id get to  check on them once all the nets was hanging.. I think with loads it will be a bit of agg.. cant you freeze some of the smaller stuff to bide yourself some time dude?

There's just too much, and I stopped making bubble years ago after buying the XL dry sift screens. I was actually thinking a small chest freezer, they're pretty cheap too. Def an option to freeze. Maybe hire a concrete mixer and a big pallet of ice for a mega bubble run..  lol

• Like 2

Just now, Slippy One said:

There's just too much, and I stopped making bubble years ago after buying the XL dry sift screens. I was actually thinking a small chest freezer, they're pretty cheap too. Def an option to freeze. Maybe hire a concrete mixer and a big pallet of ice for a mega bubble run..  lol

lollol luxury problem to have slips :yep:

I'm sure you will figure it out.. yeah there pretty cheap the small chest freezers mate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Revive said:

lollol luxury problem to have slips :yep:

lol...i love luxuary problems..... :) 

but do know how to dry by the book aswell...... :) 

Edited by DutchFox

If the tents big enough to grow it, it's big enough to hang dry the plants.  I dry in a smaller tent than I grow in.  No issues. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

If the tents big enough to grow it, it's big enough to hang dry the plants.  I dry in a smaller tent than I grow in.  No issues. 

the topic starter is a guerilla grower.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

the topic starter is a guerilla grower.....

I grow everywhere, who wouldn't? Turns out the deer, rippers, farmers, contractors, dog walkers, slugs, bunnies or the weather would leave me alone this year. Battle of attrition.

Lockdown and a bad knee kept me at home making mums and cuttings for 2 months. Did nearly 500 plants in all. Killed dozens due to laziness, and was testing the new Eazy Cubes, which turned out to be pretty amazing at keeping plants happy in my yard for over 2 months, with sporadic and terrible watering, they wouldn't die, just stretch. It's been a crazy year. 

I only hit the jackpot if I can bring most of it in. I have 7 plots in total and only a few died.

It's all the exact same plant btw. I stopped bothering with different strains this year. This home hack has it all for our climate, with a reasonable amount of mould protection in her genes. :yep:

large.IMG-9915.PNGlarge.IMG-9870.JPGlarge.IMG-9422.JPGlarge.IMG-9376.JPG

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

I grow everywhere, who wouldn't? Turns out the deer, rippers, farmers, contractors, dog walkers, slugs, bunnies or the weather would leave me alone this year. Battle of attrition.

Lockdown and a bad knee kept me at home making mums and cuttings for 2 months. Did nearly 500 plants in all. Killed dozens due to laziness, and was testing the new Eazy Cubes, which turned out to be pretty amazing at keeping plants happy in my yard for over 2 months, with sporadic and terrible watering, they wouldn't die, just stretch. It's been a crazy year. 

I only hit the jackpot if I can bring most of it in. I have 7 plots in total and only a few died.

It's all the exact same plant btw. I stopped bothering with different strains this year. This home hack has it all for our climate, with a reasonable amount of mould protection in her genes. :yep:

large.IMG-9915.PNGlarge.IMG-9870.JPGlarge.IMG-9422.JPGlarge.IMG-9376.JPG

Fuking kew Gardens aint it lol

• Like 3