Growers Ark Feed Schedule

Caly

Hi All,

So I’m switching my feed from Buddhas Tree to Growers Ark, I’ve sent a sample of to them and obtained the following results:

Values in parts per million (ppm) except pH.

Calcium     88

Magnesium  1

Sulphate      7

Alkalinity     280

pH              7.60

I’m currently waiting for GA to get back to me is regards whether to use their stand hard water feed or if I’ll need a custom made feed.

Anyway, I was advised by an experienced grower on here that when I first start using GA that I should just use the root tonic, A&B and x-traces just to get a feel for the nutes, just wondering what other growers thought as I wanted to use the full spectrum so is there any danger in doing so to begin with? Thanks 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

Just root tonic, a and b is all I use now. 

Do you leave out the extra traces all together then and feed full strength?  

Edited by grower951
  • Like 1

Just now, grower951 said:

Do you leave out the extra traces all together then and feed full strength?  

About 3.5ml per litre gives me 1.4ec, usually sees me most of the way. 

2 hours ago, Caly said:

Calcium     88

Magnesium  1

I'd be surprised if you don't need a custom feed. Your ratio is 88 : 1 and it should be 2.5 : 1 or no more than 3:1

:yinyang:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Oldbear said:

I'd be surprised if you don't need a custom feed. Your ratio is 88 : 1 and it should be 2.5 : 1 or no more than 3:1

:yinyang:

They have advised the following:

Yes I would recommend using  our hard water food and the addition of Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom salts)  at the rate below to ensure the Ca:Mg ratio is in the best range.

If using at 4ml/liter (recommended rate)

Add  2 grams of Epsom salts to 10 liters of water dissolve then add food and adjust pH to 6.4 for coco.

If using at 3ml/liter add 1.2 grams 

If using at 5ml/liter add 1.5 grams yes that's correct (adding more Mg from food so counterintuitive result from calculation)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caly said:

They have advised the following:

Yes I would recommend using  our hard water food and the addition of Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom salts)  at the rate below to ensure the Ca:Mg ratio is in the best range.

If using at 4ml/liter (recommended rate)

Add  2 grams of Epsom salts to 10 liters of water dissolve then add food and adjust pH to 6.4 for coco.

If using at 3ml/liter add 1.2 grams 

If using at 5ml/liter add 1.5 grams yes that's correct (adding more Mg from food so counterintuitive result from calculation)

Further reply:

Yes and Yes the addition of Epsom salts at the rates specified will bring it to around 2.8 :1

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Caly said:

Further reply:

Yes and Yes the addition of Epsom salts at the rates specified will bring it to around 2.8 :1

That looks good, as you increase mg you need to increase N for calcium uptake. It's an ion competetion thing especially in flower :yinyang:

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

That looks good, as you increase mg you need to increase N for calcium uptake. It's an ion competetion thing especially in flower :yinyang:

you don't need to with our food, the N P K levels are designed to work with the Ca and Mg levels in the food/water supply. 

• 11 months later...
16 minutes ago, Harry Herb said:

@Caly How did the hard water nutes + Epsom work out for you mate?  I have a hard water situation here and trying to avoid deficiencies this grow.

I went back to Buddhas Tree nutes, GAs nutes reacted badly with my watering schedule and it caused stem rot. BT nutes just work better for my environment and methods.

• Like 1