Wilma 4 pot

Severnsense

After a ten year gap due to liver transplant I'm coming bk to growing but it seems I've forgotten everyrhing I learned.

First question is do I pot up with the Wilma or do I use the same pots throughout?  Yep that's how bad it is, I wasn't the best grower but I did ok for the hobbyist but I'm gonna need help coming bk.

Thanks in advance.

MrW

• Like 2

I am guessing you will be using coco? I used to start the seeds in small round pots think they are half litres. Once the roots was there I’d go into the pots I planned to use through out with the Wilma. Don’t see why you couldn’t pot up of course but just make sure that size pot fits on your Wilma. Is plenty of diaries here to using the Wilma system if you search. Fool proof IMO 

• Like 2

Thanks RC.

While I'm at it I hope ppl don't mind another question. I'm going into a 1.2m tent so do ppl recommend the xl version with 25ltr pots or are 18 ltd plenty big enough? I will be growing four plants 600w led, soil or Coco.

If using drippers I’d of thought it was best suited for coco. Plenty of diaries here to use as a reference with a Wilma and coco. Regarding pot size is a guide to that as well. I wouldn’t dream of using 25litre pots with coco even 18 is huge IMO. Aim to get a gram per what so be looking to achieve roughly 21oz from your 600w. So you’d be aiming for 5 and a quarter per plant. Can get that with a 10litre pot with coco and will give bit more room to move plants on the Wilma as they get bigger. 

thats one of mine in a 6litre pot and managed just over 4.5oz from it if I remember correct. So yeah 10litre pot to get a 5oz plant is deffo possible.

gallery_83323_12758_18234.jpg

• Like 2

my mate was using a tent that size 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 m from the top of the pots on a Wilma system to the light fully extracted to the roof of the tent he had about 4 ft 9 grow space height wise so i think about an indica strain . but he was using the Wilma 10 pot system with 6 litre pots. he used to grow in coco. under a 600w HPS and he get about 20 oz a grow. and he was a novice just starting out. theres a great bunch of guys on here who give you plenty of advice and help you get back into things. ferret

Edited by the ferret