Anyone tried the oxypot system?

Thestiff1

Hi all.....been going in soil for a while but thinking of going hydro..... Seen the oxypot system and just wondering if it was any good or how difficult it is to use...the other option was an nft tank as I know people who used them years ago pretty successfully, there's so much new shit out there....the game has changed!!

Edited by Owderb
Spam removed
  • Like 1

welcome to uk420

ive used oxypots/ brumie bubblers for years, there great but a little more hassle to grow in compared to soil

you will need a good ec truncheon a bluelab or simular plus a ph tester. water temp is important too, keep it from getting to cold at lights out. hydrotops grow and bloom was the best nutes i found for oxy pots. 

nft tanks aint to clever, pythium root rot is a nightmare in nft systems, and if a tank gets out of range of ph and ec, it will fuck up all the plants in the nft tray. change your water every 3 days and keep it filled up so the root mass is underwater. 

yields can get crazy in these oxypots if your enviroment and growing is on target. tho ive seen great yields using coco in big 20l hempy pots that compare to the oxypots. and its easyr to grow in coco, i would just buy one oxypot the grow in the corner of your tent and grow the rest in coco/ hempys, thats how i got into it, and if something goes wrong its not your whole crop your going to lose. as you have only 1 girl in a bubbler. one girl can easyly hit 9 ounces a plant if everythings rite, tho you have to make sure the oxypots dont fall over when they get to big, i know the tops on them are just loosely sat on the buckets nowadays so it dont tip the bucket over if it falls over. 

hope i helped a little, as im blazed like. all the best with the grow:yinyang:

• Like 4

Cheers for that dude I understand it'll be more work but effort equals reward and all that!! No doubt they'll be plenty of questions coming haha 

I tried Oxypots last year and had a couple of good grows but keeping the nutrient temp down was a nightmare and a battle I lost in the end. When the temp went up in the summer the root rot set in and there was nothing I could do to control it. I toyed with the idea of buying a cooler but they’re an expensive bit of kit for something you’re only trying out. Good luck whatever you do. Sure it’s always worth having a go at something different and you can always revert back if it doesn’t work out. I learned a lot from it but I went back to coco and there’s no comparison in terms of ease and hassle. 

• Like 1

Started with Oxy after having a first timers disaster in soil..... Dont know why but it all went to hell in a hand basket.

Borrowed the oxypots from a mate and they worked like a dream but as stated above water temp was a real problem. invested in a 130l Hailea chiller and problem immediately solved.

I dont think the effort involved is more than soil TBH, but a little more kit needed

I mix nutes in a water butt prior to adding into system, changed every 7 days. GHE Trio works very well for my needs is easy to use as well as easy on the pocket.

Use silver Bullets to keep roots healthy

Was on a home made RDWC system after that which is very similar just recirculates 24/7 now trying an alien set up which came my way cheap....

I dont think you will go far wrong with the Oxy and for first time DWC its a great base to learn from.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using the oxypots for about a year never had had any issues only ball ache is I got 4 individual ones so the ec and ph has to be checked on all of them another thing I would say if your the sort of guy who only stays in veg for a small amount of time I wouldn’t recommend the oxypots as it’s recommended to wait till you have plenty of established root before you switch to 12/12