2x 400w or 1x 600w

KennyKen

Hi, I know someone who has a grow space of 1.6m x 1m and he's wondering if he should use 2x 400w or 1x 600w to get he best yields.

The space isn't built yet so it could be max size 1.7m x 1.1m. Not sure if that makes a difference? 

I told him I'd come on here and ask other people's opinions as he will only discuss it with a select few mates. Loose lips sink ships.

What would you do with a 1.6/1.7m x 1/1.1m space?

The height will be 185cm/190cm max! 

Thanks 

If yer mate is just starting out they'd be better off jumping straight in with LEDs these days rather than going down the hid route , have a look at the site sponsor led grow lights UK , you can shop by area on their page which is a really handy feature.

Yeah the initial outlay is considerably more than hid units but it'll pay dividends in the long run.

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
Typo

Led will be fine in the height as its same as mine give or take a gnats testi ,im cob

Edited by Personunknown

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

If yer mate is just starting out they'd be better off jumping straight in with LEDs these days

Are LEDs that good now then? Back when I had a little thing goin on myself, I looked into LEDs and they were never really that highly rated as the light wasn't strong enough to penetrate far enough in to the canopy. 

Is there a pertucular LED that is seen as the best out there at the moment? Maybe it would be worth looking in to.

Thanks everyone for your options please keep them coming :bong:

2 hours ago, Personunknown said:

If hes got the lamps 2x 400 if not as above

No he hasn't got anything yet, still building the room. 

Do you think that a decent LED will yield the same as either 1x 600w or 2x 400w HID?

Thanks for your reply

• Like 1

Like others i swapped out hid for led myself  years ago when blurple was the colour :yep: And some imho

Edited by Personunknown

Just now, KennyKen said:

decent LED will yield the same

Properly set up led will piss all over them...:yep:  

Have a word with Adam or Craig sponsors on here

• Like 1

Just now, stu914 said:

Properly set up led will piss all over them...:yep:  

Have u got a particular make in mind? I haven't looked into LED for years!

Just now, KennyKen said:

Have u got a particular make in mind? I haven't looked into LED for years!

"ledgrowlights"...speak to Adam or Craig, they're site sponsors and will advise you the best way to set up.

You won't get better anywhere on the net...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stu914 said:

"ledgrowlights"...speak to Adam or Craig, they're site sponsors and will advise you the best way to set up.

You won't get better anywhere on the net...

Ok mate nice one I'll try and find them and send them a message. Thanks for your help 

If your mate is budgeting a couple of hundred quid for his lights he'll be in for a shock when he sees the led prices. They really do smash hid for yield though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KC said:

If your mate is budgeting a couple of hundred quid for his lights he'll be in for a shock when he sees the led prices. They really do smash hid for yield though.

To be honest, I don't think he really does 'budgeting' he just wants the best of what's available (he actually wastes money imo). For example, he wanted to line the whole shed in 100mm kingspan AND 100mm rockwool. I told him 50 or 75mm kingspan all round should do the trick.. I went back to his house a few weeks later and the shed was full of 100mm kingspan AND 100mm rockwool slabs. I recon he spent about a grand on insulation!!

Anyway, I was looking at the LEDs last night. HLG do a 600 that looks like it would be suitable. It's like £700 quid so I've just txt me mate the link to see what his reaction to 700 quid is :mellow: 

• Like 3