Your Favourite Vaping Temperatures & Routine

MidgeSmith

True enough.  I find over 210C on the Arizer makes me cough.  I am not sure if that is just my physiology or the temperature being high enough.  I suspect the former as I get where I want to go.

My ABV is a mid-brown with little - if any - perceptible green left still, fwiw :)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Military Grade said:

What ever the hottest my DynaVap goes :yep:

This^ - I like to fully extract without combusting though admittedly I’ve had my fair share of Dyna bowls that have tipped the edge. Dark brown is what my AVB tends to be, which I don’t consume in edibles (waste maybe but I make my own edibles with oils & have always had stomach / digestive issues when consuming AVB) 

with the Mighty I start to take long draws from around 130C & increase temp

up to 200C. Depending on the terpene content I can get some subtle flavour from those lower temps, which I always felt I get a more fully rounded effect from (placebo maybe but I wana say the terps that vape at lower temps play their part). 

reading these posts about the flower pot has me pining for one again. I use all my vapes through a water piece & the flower pots sound a solid on function. 

Edited by SNM
  • Like 5

Just now, SNM said:

This^ - I like to fully extract without combusting though admittedly I’ve had my fair share of Dyna bowls that have tipped the edge. Dark brown is what my AVB tends to be, which I don’t consume in edibles (waste maybe but I make my own edibles with oils & have always had stomach / digestive issues when consuming AVB) 

with the Mighty I start to take long draws from around 130C & increase temp

up to 200C. Depending on the terpene content I can get some subtle flavour from those lower temps, which I always felt I get a more fully rounded effect from (placebo maybe but I wana say the terps that vape at lower temps play their part). 

reading these posts about the flower pot has me pining for one again. I use all my vapes through a water piece & the flower pots sound a solid on function. 

Wow, the 'Flower Pot' looks awesome.  I like the balloon approach, though I also like the idea of passing the vapour through water.  I might have to jury-rig some kind of bong pass-through for my vape.

Maybe if I am very, very good for a few years I'll graduate to something like that eventually, though I am not sure how much pollutant is extracted by the water after the vape stage, I am very keen to find out.  It sounds great!

Midge

1 hour ago, Exhale said:

Fucking way up for me, I figured out how to change the display on the flowerpot to celcius and pushed the bitch up to 255 for flower.

I used to low temp vape. What a waste of time that was.

My TinyMight stays on 8.

You must have a better set of lungs than me , i 'd cough like F**k:yinyang:

• Like 4

in the past my arizer v tower would deliver a delicious head high at the low temperatures like 170-175 , but would end up feeling very off and a bit twitchy  i dont think pure THC is my thing lol 

But now with the existence of cbd flower as well as higher CBD content more readily available in strains if i were to grow again, i can honestly say that i can enjoy these lower temps without those issues. the relaxation and high feeling at the same time is bliss, also at these temps you dont get any body heaviness really the musles might feel relaxed but very minimal , 'body load' like from fat bong hits or smoking a joint. Ive dabbled in drugs in my life and id have to say this is one of the cleanest highs ive experienced, however its easy to overdo it on an efficient machine then you can feel a bit tired . 

if im a bit short for weed tho either cbd or thc ill crank it up to 205-210c (elbow packed) 
I really dont like going to high in Temp or seeing thick clouds of exhale because i think it surely is too high temperature to kick out that much. 

i think the arizer v-tower/ extreme q is an extremely efficient device if you use it with the whip and elbow pack. this is my latest addition :
large.glass.jpg

Tiny glass bong , the mouthpiece from the arizer glass piece sits in the end of the stem effortlessly, you know what i think 2 of these mini bongs was the way to share the whip vape we was all looking for

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/09/2021 at 11:52 PM, MidgeSmith said:

large.614bb1b7d5d20_20210921_121613-Copy.jpg

Hurry up our kid, winters coming!

I've been vaping with an Arizer Extreme Q for several years now - it was the device that finally allowed me to move away from tobacco by giving me a very effective alternative to smoking it in a mix.

In that time, I have followed a few different strategies for vaping temperatures and how I use it to get medicated.  I guess everyone has a way they use theirs.  I wonder if the temperatures I have settled into, have been reflections of what worked best for each type of weed, or worked best for the state of mind I was in.

I always use the Arizer's balloons to capture the vapour. I like the dosing.

My current favourite strategy is:
184C twice

204C twice

That gives a surprising amount of vapour each time. Flavoursome the first 2 times and more of a throat satisfaction on the last two - as well as the effect.  A good 'high, very high, tired' movement.

I used to like:

172C

184C

196C

204C

Which felt like a good progression, to rise high, in interesting stages and then cruise down.

I also dabbled with doing a plain old:
210C twice
That was more of a rugged 'hit the wall' kind of right up and stay up there, but seemingly with less flavour.

Have you got any particular temperature ranges and methods that you like especially?

Also, do you think your 'favourite' way varies according to cannabinoid and terpene profiles of each type you use.  I wonder if it is also aligned to your body's/mind's reaction to cannabis at a given time.

When you do it twice how long mine runs 5 mins a go but 20 mins id say it would be dead after 2 runs totaling 10 mins.

41 minutes ago, B-real said:

When you do it twice how long mine runs 5 mins a go but 20 mins id say it would be dead after 2 runs totaling 10 mins.

Hi B-real,

I fill a balloon each time so I guess 2-3 minutes each pop.

I'd say 4 balloons at any set of ranges exhausts my average load, so probably about 10 minutes in total yeah.

Midge

Anyone else run there volcano for a few seconds before putting the bag on, give the chamber a bit of a pre heat.

Or is that just me?

Yes - I do that to heat the airpath and the bowl, and get quicker, thicker vapour 

Edited by Hippie on hill
More