Your Favourite Vaping Temperatures & Routine

MidgeSmith

large.614bb1b7d5d20_20210921_121613-Copy.jpg

Hurry up our kid, winters coming!

I've been vaping with an Arizer Extreme Q for several years now - it was the device that finally allowed me to move away from tobacco by giving me a very effective alternative to smoking it in a mix.

In that time, I have followed a few different strategies for vaping temperatures and how I use it to get medicated.  I guess everyone has a way they use theirs.  I wonder if the temperatures I have settled into, have been reflections of what worked best for each type of weed, or worked best for the state of mind I was in.

I always use the Arizer's balloons to capture the vapour. I like the dosing.

My current favourite strategy is:
184C twice

204C twice

That gives a surprising amount of vapour each time. Flavoursome the first 2 times and more of a throat satisfaction on the last two - as well as the effect.  A good 'high, very high, tired' movement.

I used to like:

172C

184C

196C

204C

Which felt like a good progression, to rise high, in interesting stages and then cruise down.

I also dabbled with doing a plain old:
210C twice
That was more of a rugged 'hit the wall' kind of right up and stay up there, but seemingly with less flavour.

Have you got any particular temperature ranges and methods that you like especially?

Also, do you think your 'favourite' way varies according to cannabinoid and terpene profiles of each type you use.  I wonder if it is also aligned to your body's/mind's reaction to cannabis at a given time.

• Like 2

with a arizer eq 185,198,220, volc as at the moment, 175,185 next will be 198 then its too hot, cough, as above for my dynavap,

• Like 2

I don't think there are any vaporizers that give an accurate temp from the bowl tbh 

I like to set my flowerpot to about 620F on the controller > fill bowl > place the heater on the bowl > watch the temp drop and start to recover on the controller > start hitting it when the temp hits about 610 so it kinda temp steps through the bowl > put the cap on to restrict the airflow and create a little extra heat to finish it off.

Some more of my approx settings for flower in the rotation ...

Herborizer Ti 6.5

Volcano Classic 6.5

Elev8r with a 16mm coil and balls 540F

Glass Symphonies 640F 

LSV log 265C 

Halogens about 10W

G43 around 10.5w native and 13.5W injector style 

• Like 4

Fantastic to see the variations and similarities.

I'm sure you are right regarding the accuracy of the rigs @hippieonhill,  though I guess there is enough correlation between set temperature and actual to know and predict the type of uplift within the various temperature bands.

I didn't know any vapes went up to 300+c. Do you get combustion as it heads towards the set temperature when it is set that high?

Thanks for the reaponses folks!

Edited by MidgeSmith
spelling

I think my LSV log actually runs cooler than a stock LSV as the element only glows briefly for a second on warm-up whereas the stock LSV element glows constantly, as I've put 2.5mm rubies in the heater cover, and put that in a cup which recycles some of the heat, aand used a temp controlled soldering iron controller whereas Elev8 only use a dimmer switch to contol the power in the LSV, SSV and DBV

No combustion issues altho it does get quite close if I turn it up to 300C to stem fill for bigger cloudz and forget and use a stem with a top hat gauze instead 

• Like 1

Fucking way up for me, I figured out how to change the display on the flowerpot to celcius and pushed the bitch up to 255 for flower.

I used to low temp vape. What a waste of time that was.

My TinyMight stays on 8.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Fucking way up for me, I figured out how to change the display on the flowerpot to celcius and pushed the bitch up to 255 for flower.

I used to low temp vape. What a waste of time that was.

My TinyMight stays on 8.

255C?  Wow, that is high.  Do you not start to get smoke at that level?  I thought cannabis combusted soon after 230C.

Getting the full content out of your herb in one hit is a satisfying way to do it though I agree.  I know some get a lot less effect from the lower ranges, or a tiered temperature vaping, so I totally get it.  :)

3 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

255C?  Wow, that is high.  Do you not start to get smoke at that level?  I thought cannabis combusted soon after 230C

I think because of the heat transfer from the coils to the collar surround and the bowl there is lost a bit there my IR thermometer reads nowhere near that, I just know the unit needs to go that high to get the hit I want before I go too far to 270/280 where it will make me cough. 

My material ends up dark coffee brown not black or burned, definitely at the CBE range though as I'm fucked vaping that in the morning especially on a full bowl it's very sedative.

• Like 3

I keep my Flowerpot on 640°F which equals about 338°C. That's the temp the coil is sitting at mind, not the temp of the air hitting the bud or the bud itself. 2 or 3 hits with a stir in between to completely finish a bowl (2/3 full), leaving the AVB the brown side of ebony. 

Edited by SYZYGY
  • Like 3

Oops, editing fail. 

Was gonna say: There's so many variables affecting the vape experience that the 'temp' setting is arbitrary but a good point of reference. The same temp feels completely different when moving to another glass piece, bud of different moisture/resin level, and any change in draw speed, throat muscle engagement etc etc

• Like 4