Which spin bowl trimmer?

Woozy

Quite a few of these out there now, spin pro is the original but it’s big money some others that look the same are £100 cheaper. Don’t want to spend the money and find the machine sucks though. What do you guys use and would recommend? Is it spinpro all the way or are the others just as good?

Hi @Woozy - do a search of this forum for spinpro and spin pro. Do it whilst on the main home page and you'll get a whole list of threads where people give their opinions on the genuine article and the cheaper clones.

I've just bitten the bullet and ordered a - hopefully - genuine SpinPro off fleabay. At £180 I thought I'd go for it. Once I get it I may well see if there's any marks, etc. that people with a known genuine unit can confirm mine isn't a fake.

• Like 1

I have a Spin pro. I think it cost £300 quid? Had it for so long I cant remember.

For me it was totally worth the money. Maybe halved my trim time. I absolutely HATE Trimming!

I cant speak of other models, but I can confirm that its lasted for absolutely ages with no problems.

Very good build quality. 

Spin Pro is a great bit if kit, very robust. 

Around 300 notes so not cheap but have saved me so much time.

I now have mums that I've selected to minimise trimming among other criteria so I don't use mine much. Might have to put it in the evil site soon.....

• Like 1

The SpinPro I ordered off the bay arrived today, it looks and feels genuine, at £180 it was a good deal! Won't be able to try it out for a few weeks until I harvest these:

large.spinpro_parts.jpg

large.spinpro_box_lr.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, KC said:

If anyone would like to do a before and after with a bud that would be good....no shady hand finishing either :P

Indeed! Nothing beats an (honest) before and after :yep:  That might make me actually consider one :D 

• Like 1

I've got a £100 one from eBay a few years ago, can't remember the brand of it but it's got a clear lid and works great, even after never cleaning it.

On 24/09/2021 at 0:55 PM, Dodgee said:

@Ch@ppers 

Iirc ch@ppers really rates the original spinpro but advises giving the knock offs a wide birth...

Imitation is the highest form of flattery they say, can't beat the originals :yinyang:

Edited by Dodgee
Save ch@ppers blushes
  • Like 1

ive had a couple of the cheapo knock offs. first one was fine, lasted about 4 or 5 years, before the cops stole it.

it had lost 2 or 3 of the rubber fingers, but the mechanism for spinning the blade was fine.

2nd one is shite, its barely 2 or 3 years old and on its last legs, fingers missing everywhere, mechanism has more slop than Katie Prices downstairs, and locating the lid is a tiresome affair. it cost about 120 quid. for the extra 60 quid, id be biuying a spin pro.

they are better made and the rubber fingers are replaceable.

• Like 3