First time and looking for advice

Jnz

Been growing out doors and what I have won't be a substantial amount would it be ok to just hang in the attic or will it stink the whole house out .. I am trying to avoid spending any money well as little as possible.

My partner won't like the smell running through the house I have been racking my brains of ideas and thought would a cooler box with air holes each side,hooks to hang and a bug net over the holes work outside.

I need to start putting some plans in to action incase I get caught out with mold when this far in 

depends what you class as not a substantial amount buddy, 1 plant is very different to 4 as is the size. I wouldnt be happy bringing them in if they are full flower as the smell would stink the house out without any kind of scrubber, not only that but mould as you say plus anything brought in on the plant would be coming in with it. 

E2a just realised you mean for harvest/drying as i just clicked on unreads, although what i said above for me would still ring true, without pics its hard to discern the amount you mean. Personally to err on the side of caution and as not to undo all the time spent already, i would get at the very least a small fan/filter and adapt something that will house them keeping smells in, filtered and away from the outside otherwise, mould and your partner could be the least of your problems.

ATB :yinyang:

Edited by Autobud
  • Like 1

It Will stink the house out if not in a controlled enviroment (scrubbed air) i would'nt go that cooler box route  as may werck your work . mould etc

Edited by Personunknown

It will depend on what strain the plant is, if its like the crappy Expert Seeds Critical Gorilla I just grew you wont need a carbon filter, it will also depend on whether you live in a terrace/semi or detached house.  Detached house will just be your partner you have to worry about, semi or terraced and your likely to have some very pissed off neighbours if you stick it in your loft without scrubbing the air

Cheapest option - hope your partner gets covid, she wont be able to smell it then.

Jokes aside if you have anything worth actually drying you will need a carbon filter + fan as it will stink your house out otherwise

If shes well on her way & outdoors then i suggest leaving her there.   Enclosing her indoors on no budget without adequate air movement & odour filtration will stink your yard out .... quite poss next door too :)      just let her get on & do her thing , i wouldnt encase her outdoors at this stage , poss an overhead cover of a clear nature to keep the worst of the rain off but she needs airflow. 

Then its a case of clench your cheeks and ride it out like the rest of us :yep:      Some strains fare better than others outdoors and molds just a part of the gamble,  what are you running ?    

Get a pic up to see how far your on,  all the best.   

Simple source/make a big air tight box and use silica gel to dry you're buds. Theres some info on it in this thread, near the end IIRC. 

Edited by MindSoup