Help with gaming card specs

Hir

Just now, Hir said:

Do you struggle watching a film then?

its not quite the same, i think because i hyperfocus when im playing a game where as when i watch a film im not watching out for stuff like my life depends on it 

• Like 2

@vape_ninja

I don't know how true it is but one of the young lads at work told me not to use the hdmi for my 144hz monitor, you need to use the other slot. I can't recall the name of it. The cable should have come with your monitor. 

• Like 2

On 14/09/2021 at 10:26 AM, Hir said:

Your eye can't see faster than 30 fps so what's the point.

People say this all the time but the jump from 30 to 60 FPS is very noticeable. The jump from 60 to 120+ even more so. 30 FPS would feel like playing a slideshow to me now. 60 frames is a bare minimum for me but 100+ is where I like it, anything less than that feels like I miss too much and aiming becomes troublesome because it's too hard to track targets.

IMO this could be a moot point. Because it depends on the game...

The most important question in regards to the OP is what games do you play / would you like to play?

Edited by NezA
Clarification
  • Like 3

Just now, KC said:

@vape_ninja

I don't know how true it is but one of the young lads at work told me not to use the hdmi for my 144hz monitor, you need to use the other slot. I can't recall the name of it. The cable should have come with your monitor. 

He probably means the display port, HDMI is limited to 60hz I think. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ukbudz said:

He probably means the display port, HDMI is limited to 60hz I think. 

HDMI 2.0 can hit 240Hz IIRC

• Like 1

@JamieThePainter

Last time I checked there were no HDMI 2.0 compatible monitors available so Display Port was still the preferred option this was more than a year ago now though so things might have changed.

Edited by NezA
Tag
  • Like 2