2.4x1.2 grow tent

Bricky

Hi just wondering what’s the best amount to grow in a 2.4x1.2 grow tent and what size litre pots thanks I’ll be using 3 600w hps and 10inch filter and 6 inch intake 

Edited by Bricky

Guest Donnyronny

I use one for veg but flower in it every now and then, you just need to consider the canopy more than plant numbers, 

if your plants are small you could do 9 each side in 11L pots

or 

5 bigger plants each side in 15L pots. 

if your running 3 lights you are going to be running hot even with a decent extract, 

personally I’d run 2 lights with bigger reflectors ( adjust a wings ) and 5 plants per light.  4 ounce a plant target. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 9:52 PM, stummer said:

If your this new maybe run less than 3 600w and save the on the leccy while you figure out what your doing. Would be my advice tbh.

I’ve done a bit in the past and I’m going to be running 10inch extraction so would you just start with 2 lights with bigger shades and I’ve always used 20l pots 4 in a 1.2 tent but they seemed a bit cramped would you go to 15l

Edited by Bricky
  • Like 1

What medium are you using? I think best to work out pot size based on how many plants you plan on running and aiming for the gram per watt. If you run more plants it’ll mean less veg time and they won’t also need to get as big. Personally I prefer to run less these days as feel have more room to move plants around and yields have actually increased despite running less. 

• Like 1

I always top and super crop to keep a level canopy but I always grow different varieties together 

Leaving them to just grow, especially in a tent, is a bit risky unless you know exactly how tall they will reach

Owd

• Like 1

Not grown in soil since my first ever grow mate so can’t tell you about pot sizes. Owderb is more clued up than me though so just listen to him and won’t go wrong. Hope it goes well for ya. Name Bricky ain’t to do with living in Brixton is it? What us local Londoners always called the area.

• Like 1