BRISTOL Petition: Permit tolerated & regulated cannabis clubs in Bristol

Tinkerbell

Hi Everyone,
I realise I may be being self serving as Bristol was one of the first cities in the U.K to have a Dispensary but I'm REALLY hoping to get this petition visible to our local and national MP's so that some change does happen.
Please sign and share this petition. Thanks
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/546/729/983/permit-a-tolerated-amp-regulated-cannabis-club/

Edited by Tinkerbell
  • Like 4

Petitions always have and always will, be a complete waste of time. This government doesn't give a flying fuck what you, me or the potential thousands who sign it think, they do what they want

• Like 4

On 06/09/2021 at 6:05 PM, Russjackell said:

Petitions always have and always will, be a complete waste of time. This government doesn't give a flying fuck what you, me or the potential thousands who sign it think, they do what they want

'The Government' ? It's not a big block of unidentifiable bodies, these individuals do care about optics.
Its why collectively they want to make you believe nothing will change. 
Change is slow... but it's slower when you do nothing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Personunknown said:

No one in there right mind on here would sign and give email addy etc , instant bust list if wanted ?

Bust list…. Really ???

with the hundreds of cannabis related petitions 1 of which had over 250,000 signatures I think it’s a bit paranoid to think some pcso sits there all day making a list of people to bust !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinkerbell said:

The Government' ? It's not a big block of unidentifiable bodies, these individuals do care about optics.
Its why collectively they want to make you believe nothing will change. 
Change is slow... but it's slower when you do nothing.

You realise they’ve already legalised it for themselves, don’t you?

Read up on the connections between GW pharmaceuticals, British Sugar, Victoria Aitkins, her husband, Theresa Mays husband, blah, blah, blah...

• Like 6

I think it's odd that lately there hasn't been any real weeping of news from the U.S.A regarding their laws and pretty much a 180 degree turn ,billboards ,adverts and stores of all types selling cannabis products ,licensed facilities etc . The U.S.A. was the catalyst and instigator for why we've pseudonyms ,losing sleep ,hair and keeping a secret ,keeping quiet .

There's certainly little hope in the way forward as generally speaking any fun associated with cannabis is bad .THC is bad ,CBD is good ,this sort of cac. I'm not speaking only about the UK but oddly the UK is even more archaic with tight regulations and more liberal too when a few plants is less of a deal to Police in certain districts ,which is also weird .

I remember when folks from the U.S. were posting on forums and stating that they'd have never believed they'd be growing legally or even sharing pictures of their grow . It'd be great though if at least personal growers weren't prosecuted ! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gimps said:

You realise they’ve already legalised it for themselves, don’t you?

Read up on the connections between GW pharmaceuticals, British Sugar, Victoria Aitkins, her husband, Theresa Mays husband, blah, blah, blah...

The petition is more in line with us having cannaibis cafes as in the Netherlands. 
In regards to legalisation ...I believe U.K won't be far behind NewYork in the permitted amount of plants for personal use scenario.

Here is Bristol - the police tend to only get involved if you have problems with your neighbors , even my previous supplier, was never 'taken in' or arrested.  Any problems she ever had came because someone ratted her out, did she ever stop supplying - NO.  Did the police know? YES

3 hours ago, Personunknown said:

No one in there right mind on here would sign and give email addy etc , instant bust list if wanted ?

Personally I'd rather be dragged to hell than live in fear of anyone- and I really do mean anyone but also living in somerset I noticed - busts tend to happen based on 'complaints'

1 hour ago, Tinkerbell said:

The petition is more in line with us having cannaibis cafes as in the Netherlands. 

It’s all well and good, and it shows appetite for a cause when signing petitions but the gov will only legalise or decriminalise when they want to, if every household in the uk wrote to their MP to lobby parliament and a petition with 60,000,000 people landed on the doorstep they would still spout the same response they always have about the dangers of cannabis.

• Like 1

They cant legalise now its impossible.  Drug driving is too big an issue.  Especially with medical tolerances.  They do not correlate.

Its impossible now.

I think its actually illegal for a medical user to drive if you look at the fine print regards drug driving and cannabis tolerances.

• Like 2

Shouldn't really be a problem, millions of people drive on benzodiazepines, antidepressants, opiates and opiods. But then again I guess the tobacco, alcohol and pharmaceutical indutries haven't been lobbying against them...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LA LUNA said:

if every household in the uk wrote to their MP to lobby parliament and a petition with 60,000,000 people landed on the doorstep they would still spout the same response they always have about the dangers of cannabis.

I have to admit - I don't believe that, I think the more potential voters they can see,  the more individuals will look to get those voters on their side.  When we had our 420 picnic last year the smell from the park was amazing and the police stayed away.  This wouldn't have been the case 10yrs ago.

The other picnics that go on throughout the year have had no police presence because most activists are a respectful lot and it's fantastic meeting new people and chillin under stars (whilst trying to avoid ticks and mosquitos :D).

Edited by Tinkerbell
wrong text URL
  • Like 2

Wet behind the ears this one........

I admire your passion and I applaud your goals. We were all where you are till we learnt a bit more about how things are and how things are done.

We ain't getting to a point anytime soon where we can grow our own. That will almost certainly never happen when our government knows they can charge you the earth to buy there's.

What reason do you think they have to change the status quo? They are already knuckle deep in the pie and raking it in. 

They don't give a fuck if Doris with bowel cancer wants to grow a dozen plants for oil if that means Doris isn't spending 1k a month on medicine they can't be having that now can they.

Cunts the lot. 

I'm sure this petition will be different to the 3000 others that have been put forward lol

Wvem if it gets enough signatures that they must debate it, the debate generally goes "yep, we don't plan on changing fuck all.....next" 

And that's yer lot for 250k signatures.

• Like 10