Pot size question (for vegging photos alongside autos)

Jonquilista420

Swim is starting their first grow in 100cmx100cmx220, looking to do 3-4 autos whilst vegging 2-3 photos (the autos would be started a few weeks ahead). Growth medium is soil with biotabs and some biobizz bloom to finish. Question is what sort of size pots would you recommend? The autos need to be in the pot they finish in, so swim was thinking maybe 16 litres for them? and then the photos could veg along in ~5litre pots til the autos are done, then transplant to 16 litres (or more), recover, flip?

Does that sound about right please?

I think 10L is the average size pot people use for autos, and 4 autos in 10L pots will happily fill that space up completely if you get them half right. I like the idea of having some photos near ready to flip straight after you harvest the autos, but I think you need a bit more space for those numbers.

E2A I do like the biotabs idea though definitely looks like a nice simple method. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1