MWF

OldFord

I was very kindly sent some MWF as i missed out on the last few packs due to being ill.  The man himself spotted a post with me saying i was gutted to have missed out and he kindly offered to send me a pack of his own stock :yep:    Top man :)      Thank you very much sir  @Amarillo slim

I only had spaces left for 2 ladies in the garden,  2 seeds soaked and above soil within 48hrs , both got off to a flying start even during the colder temps they seemed happy .... then the slug fest happened and both were eaten to bare stems .... 1 died and the other bounced back only to be eaten again a few weeks later ........ much to my surprise it bounced back again and although its a squat little plant ut has bushed up something crazy !     Im honestly shocked that what i have in the garden could have come from what the slugs left me.

Growing has been a breeze, other than the slug damage,  it just keeps getting fatter and fatter and is now in full flower with the buds getting fatter by the day.

Shes going numerous shades of purple with almost black areas, very little odour to speak of and looks very attractive with the white pistils against the purple stems & leaf shaings.  

I need to get an up to date pic and will do that this wknd, for now heres a few of her progress.    please bear in mind that this poor plant has been eaten not once but twice by the slugs !   

Just shows the love & skills that went into the breeding :yep:

large_255.JPGlarge_254.JPGlarge_289.JPGlarge_292.JPGlarge_374.JPGlarge_425.JPGlarge_426.JPGlarge_427.JPGlarge_447.JPGlarge_448.JPGlarge_449.JPG

Thank you for the very kind offer & ensuring growers like myself get to run your hard work sir :yep:     I will get the rest of the pack out next season with the results on here.

I will keep this thread going with picks until shes jarred,  i never scale any grows but im guessing shes going to reward me very well and i am shocked by the potential bounty on offer especially after the punishment shes been through ..... tough just dont cover it !!  :) 

• Like 14

Getting there :)       For a plant that was eaten down to the bare stem ... twice .... im honestly amazed at what i have today !     How she looks today - 

large_034.JPGlarge_035.JPGlarge_036.JPGlarge_022.JPGlarge_036.JPGlarge_037.JPGlarge_038.JPGlarge_039.JPGlarge_043.JPGlarge_042.JPGlarge_041.JPGlarge_040.JPGlarge_021.JPGlarge_020.JPGlarge_019.JPGlarge_018.JPGlarge_017.JPGlarge_016.JPGlarge_015.JPG

• Like 13

Ah lovely stuff @OldFord...  The MWF are some seriously hardy plants, wether its temperature, drought, flood, wind, pest damaged etc. they take it in their stride..  From the pics I'd say the pheno you've got might be higher in some of the ruderalis traits too, making it truly hard as nails! Can mean a slight trade off with these phenos have slightly less desirable finished flower though...  Will be interesting to see what you make of the smoke.  Cheers 

• Like 2

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

Ah lovely stuff @OldFord...  The MWF are some seriously hardy plants, wether its temperature, drought, flood, wind, pest damaged etc. they take it in their stride..  From the pics I'd say the pheno you've got might be higher in some of the ruderalis traits too, making it truly hard as nails! Can mean a slight trade off with these phenos have slightly less desirable finished flower though...  Will be interesting to see what you make of the smoke.  Cheers 

Cheers sir,   hard as nails is an understatement !   She has been reduced to a 1" stem , stripped of everything including the bark ....twice and bounces back like this :)     

I have had a blue Dream get a top chewed off and it keeled over.    Very impressive and will be hitting you up shortly for some ladies for next season & a big light dep grow  :yep:   

i will keep the progress & pics coming for sure.     

• Like 1

Just now, OldFord said:

Cheers sir,   hard as nails is an understatement !   She has been reduced to a 1" stem , stripped of everything including the bark ....twice and bounces back like this :)     

You could probably go out there with the intent of giving her a beating, only to end up in A&E with broken bones lol  

Just now, OldFord said:

Very impressive and will be hitting you up shortly for some ladies for next season & a big light dep grow  :yep: 

Sounds good mate. Big light dep grow sounds very interesting...  Sure I will be able to help with genetics and maybe tips for that one.  Cheers 

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

You could probably go out there with the intent of giving her a beating, only to end up in A&E with broken bones lol  

Sounds good mate. Big light dep grow sounds very interesting...  Sure I will be able to help with genetics and maybe tips for that one.  Cheers 

I ordered the stainless steel for the frame last night & got the welding gear ,  i have caught the light dep bug again after the Western Winds run this season. 

I will be doing 95% of next years in light dep :yep:     Will be in touch soon sir.   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 1

Just had a good look at her ,  shes so bushy !!!   i thinned her out a bit and very happy that the tops are cooked. 

She looks great ,  the nuggets are vast & rock hard ,   they smell divine.    

So tomoz i will take the tops off and let the lower stuff mature up.    Pics tomoz of before and after and whats been removed :yep:

The deeds been done :yep:    All big tops removed and delighted to say for a fairly small bushy girl shes offered up a decent bounty !   

theres prob twice as much still to come but needs a few more weeks to mature ,  the mature stuff i took today was golf ball hard .....i dropped one into the box and it made a thud sound as it hit the bottom of the box :)    Thinned her out a good bit and now the inner stuff & lower stuff can colour off & cook a tad longer. 

Its not until i got to chopping her that a very pronounced peppery / spicy aroma emerged ,  got a good gas like / funky vibe with the pepper being forefront ,  o have them laid on a drying net in the spare room and it stinks to high heavens :)     

Looking forward to having a sample in a few weeks.     Will get pics up later when time is on my side.   

• Like 2

Before chop , during chop and after chop :yep:     Shes had a good haircut and surprisingly there will be a good bit more to come in a few wks :)   

Very impressed with the spicy aromas coming off during the manicure !    I thinned her out a fair bit and took some cuttings to try keep her around as long as poss :yep: 

large_001.JPGlarge_002.JPGlarge_003.JPGlarge_004.JPGlarge_005.JPGlarge_006.JPGlarge_007.JPGlarge_008.JPGlarge_011.JPGlarge_012.JPGlarge_013.JPGlarge_017.JPGlarge_019.JPGlarge_026.JPGlarge_027.JPGlarge_028.JPGlarge_029.JPG

• Like 3

A few pics of my MWFs , before the chop tomoz.    Well cooked out  & a bit of amber trich for sure , really loving the blue hues coming through.   

She smells divine, a real pepper spice shining through.    

This will be her 2nd harvest, with the last being a wk or two ago.    Im looking forward to trying her :yep: 

With what shes been through its almost a shame to cut her , the two brutal slug damage sessions and she bounced back.

I have a cutting but highly doubt i will be able to keep it going through til spring as she will be outside,  im trying to do a micro set up indoors to try keep her around.

I started a fridge cabinet but not got very far.   

Any way here is her final pics before chop tomoz.    I will do a dry bud shot & smoke update once shes cured.   

Zero mold !  Not even a tiny spot :) 

large_050.JPGlarge_051.JPGlarge_052.JPGlarge_056.JPGlarge_054.JPGlarge_053.JPGlarge_049.JPGlarge_057.JPGlarge_036.JPGlarge_037.JPGlarge_038.JPGlarge_043.JPGlarge_044.JPGlarge_048.JPGlarge_047.JPGlarge_046.JPGlarge_045.JPG

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 11

The MWF is no more ,  she has been chopped and very happy with what she offered up :yep:         

All harvested & hanging upside down in the dark.    Even the smaller nuggets sounded like golf balls thudding in the bottom of the harvesting box :)     

I thought i had used all my beans but i found a solitary bean in the fridge ,,,,, so i am def running her again next year :yep:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...