Aeroponic cloning

Not been happy with my cloning for a while now, its gone from 100% to 50-70% successful 

I want to flip my plants into flower but need some viable clones for the next gen. 

Any idea why they're yellowing like this? large.612916204dff0_2-Copy.jpeg

Think i'm going to take a few more cuttings before I flip but just stick them in rockwool or jiffys, are cuts this size good or should I go for smaller ones?

large.6129161f6d35d_1-Copy.jpeg

Thank you

Just now, Dsmile said:

@qualitynotquantity They're just under a 24w led panel from my all-in-one aerogarden thing (IDOO 20pod) 

it's about 12" away from the canopy, they've rooted or at least roots starting to form

hmm, 25 watts dont sound lot but wouldnt be first time ive under estimated leds i would still raise it slightly an see how they respond while you look into the problem a bit more. might be worth mentioning what nutrients you use an what ec? your ph? and alos what your humidity an room temp is?

• Like 2

Haven't used an aero cloner, 

but when my cuttings start getting pale it's just them relocating nutrient as required. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much if they're rooting. 

Show us a photo of the roots? 

they might be ready for a weak feed :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@QQ710 Hey, sorry not been on long enough lately to reply, seeing your cuts on my other thread sort of inspired my to take these ones, yours look so healthy and tidy

Mine i've just gradually got worse and worse looking tbh, I gave them a very light 0.3 feed but didn't seem to make much difference, roots look pretty healthy, running pump 15mins every hour rather than 24/7 seems to a have really encouraged stronger looking roots.

I've put my big 3 into flower now but could probably take a few more cuts over the next week, i've also got some in rockwool as a backup and also a couple of healthier looking established clones of my favourite looking bg41, so not all is lost and I can take some cuttings from there in a few weeks if needed. Tempted to put the mother clones into coir since they're in my loft, which is a pain in the ass to get into to, in hopes to keep them more stabilised and healthy until needed, getting water up there is really a pain.

Any idea why these clones are yellowing so badly anyway?  I thought maybe too much humidity but no idea really.

large.61308b53c95c7_1-Copy.jpeglarge.61308b5596253_2-Copy.jpeglarge.61308b54ad169_3-Copy.jpeg

Was thinking of making a larger aeroponic propagator so I could spread them out a bit better, maybe the size of the xstream120 but struggling to source appropriate containers and humidity domes.

• Like 1

Hi mate,

I think you should be removing the large leaves and trimming the other mid size leaves - when the leaves are full they transpire (I think thats the word) too quickly - cut the leaves in half so they can focus more on developing roots.

I'd remove the yellow ones before they go mouldy.

The roots look good on the ones that have taken.

I use a 20 pot aeroprop for seeds with a tube light and a 40 pot one with dimmable 100w LED for clones - working well so far - keep your clones smaller and you should be fine with the prop you have.

I had issues keeping seedlings and clones together and killed £100+ worth of seeds!

Below are recent cuts from the Dank Commanders - I lost 2 or 3 from 18.

large.612a1ce7065de_64DankCommander3ndgenclonesday11..jpeglarge.612a1ce7e91d2_65DankCommander3ndgenclonesday11..jpeg

I couldn't find a ready made repeat cycle timer so made one from a Crouzet component, lets me set any on and off time - its on for 6 seconds / off for 60 seconds - was around £80 though!

large.5f5002cfb542e_19RepeatCycleTimeDelayRelay.jpg

Good luck dude :smokin:

Edited by QQ710
  • Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Ive used aeroponic cloners before and what you describe is what happened to me to a T. At first its idiot proof and the reults are great, then it starts to get less and less, till you are back to where you started, having a problem getting enough cuttings.

From my exp, what it tended to be was the pump started to clog up and just stoped being as powerful and just couldnt keep up and do the job, resulting in having to constantly replace the pumps.
Gave up on it after a while tbh.

Guest anarchycamp

@kanz make your own with a fish tank water pump. Easy to take apart and hose down in the shower, granted itd only being going 1 year

E2a: nutes might clog it up I guess,but you don't need them really

Edited by anarchycamp
Nutes

i used to find cheap pumps were like that, not lasting all that long.

maxijet1000 are a good choice for an aerocloner imo. use the filter because little bits of crap get stuck in the aero nozzles if you dont

also, put them on a timer, cos running them 24  hrs over heats the nutrients/water, causing root issues.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

@kanz make your own with a fish tank water pump. Easy to take apart and hose down in the shower, granted itd only being going 1 year

E2a: nutes might clog it up I guess,but you don't need them really

Right now im rocking some home made bubblers for cloning, as im in pure DWC setups now or just about.

Bubbler can be hit and miss depending on temps, but I find its easy as it fits with everything else and I dont have to worry about the pump losing power etc.

Cuttings has always been my weakest point, sometimes its great, othertimes I struggle to get what I need. Why im thinking about trying to breed my own feminized seeds, so I can just keep poping seeds as I have alot less trouble with seeds even if they do take longer.