Maximise yield with a tiny grow tent

raoulduke4

@MindSoup @mister phlegmCan't help but think those spaces are crying out for single plant SROG stylee? Like the post from @yabbahand the post from @highgrowerthey are more efficiebt in many ways, hence the increased yield. I think it's true that buds too close to the plant get shadows down a side. By keeping the plants horizontal, they all get a 3d amounts of lumens due to being the correct distance away from, so no dark side of the buds!. :yep:

Fill every square of mesh with a growing tip, and remember to flip just before it's all filled out, as the stretch can be mad for some strains. Cupboards rock! lol

• Like 5

@Slippy One in terms of yield your probably right, but for me variety is more important. If I'm stuck with the same smoke too long my tolerance for it goes through the roof and the buzz gets a bit boring, I get more high and smoke less if I've got a few jars to choose from. 

• Like 5

@MindSoupyou lucky bugger, I’ve been blessed with half a dozen fancy strains on occasion, guess what? Different flavours, exact same buzz. Unless of course you’re filling jars of 12 week sativas, then I can understand. You could still use a screen for more than one strain, it’s about efficiency with electric lighting. :yep: 

• Like 1

Never actually looked to see who started that thread. Gutted for you mate, wether its placebo or not I get distinctively different effects from everything I smoke, even 2 plants of the same strain at times. I think a lower tolerance might play a part, I don't know how much u get through but when I was 1-2oz a week smoker it all just blended into a baseline mong/buzz, only a chunky baseball bat of something special would really feel any different, whereas now I probably smoke about a half a week (cut out the nictotine/baci) I really notice the differences, that and the fact I rarely smoke more than 2-3 joints of the same bud in a row. That being said I do think a lot of strains out there offer up bland, results that lack any distinguishing features. 

I have considered using screens but tbh its so hard to get to the back of the tent under the canopy as is I think I would have real issues with stuff like adjusting Blumats or removing shriveled leaves. If I had more head room it would definitely be a good idea mind. As you say it maximises the space and gives a really consistent harvest with a bit of lillipopping. 

I hope you find some strains that spice up your receptors mate, there's a strain out there for everyone. 

• Like 2

It's cool, I've probably blown out my CB1 receptors years ago. I first noticed it in Amsterdam with their exotic menus..after a few days it was all the same. Flavours I agree are vastly different. Piney, boot polish, berries, but the high itself wasn't much different. The mislabelling of strains and main breeders are churning out the same bland soup of hybrids with different names for every 'legandary' pheno.  I'm medicating quite heavily though, most days 3-5 bowls in the vape. 

• Like 1

On 30/01/2022 at 8:39 PM, Slippy One said:

Can't help but think those spaces are crying out for single plant SROG stylee?

I started growing two because I believed I'd improve more quickly that way. Plus you can tell issues affecting one plant from those affecting both. I haven't looked at comparative efficiency and I'm fortunate not to need to, but two plants makes a lot of practical sense too.

I have pots I can lift out and weigh individually with little effort, and with limited access in a tiny toilet that's really helpful. Leaving them in situ isn't really an option. They fill the surface area of the tent, so the heat underneath them has to work to get out, and the compost is kept low for its volume.

but mostly I haven't thought much about efficiency. I've stuck something together given the limitations, kept things very simple and it works. I like to have a grow on pretty much all the time anyway (again, fortunate) and my way fits conveniently into my daily life.

I'm not sure I'd even be in compost if I was maximising, but I haven't looked because I like using compost. I like not having a timer, no fan control, no idea what my VPD is. I'm really not a good example for someone looking to maximise anything :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mister phlegm said:

I started growing two because I believed I'd improve more quickly that way.

I SGROG just coz it looks cool. :yep:

large.IMG-0288.JPG

• Like 6

I think theres a lot of scope for manipulation of the plants height and growth using the different coloured leds especially the blues and cool whites but also the far red:infrared ratios. Small space growers could be gaining the most benefits in many ways.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, inceywinceyspider said:

I think theres a lot of scope for manipulation of the plants height and growth using the different coloured leds especially the blues and cool whites but also the far red:infrared ratios. Small space growers could be gaining the most benefits in many ways.

Oh you mean like this? :guitar:

large.IMG-0239.JPG

• Like 3