Whatwentwrong

For this contest I will be growing Paradise’s biggest sativa dominant plant rainbow road. 

the plant being sativa dominant prefers to grow a main central cola and smaller side branching than an indica plant so I will have to top these. The stretch also looks quite large.

the smell is supposed to be strawberry mainly with a bit of mango. I’ve had weed taste like mango before but I’ve been skeptical of other flavours but I have a watermelon plant now though that is a full watermelon smell so I can’t wait to see how this smells and tastes. Strawberry mango should have grown this in spring to have in the sun.

the high is a sativa high so trippy euphoric giggle fits are to be expected. Can’t wait for that.

large.F5890981-ABDD-42B4-843A-B9A20485645E.jpeg

The beans are in biobizz light mix. I have been using H&G bat special until now but the consistency of it has changed and it kind of dissolves when you water it the first time so a pot full ends up being half a pot full with huge holes where the water drained through. You needed to keep adding compost until it settled out after a few waters.

i had been using biobizz and advanced nutrients, plus a few other for my nutrients but I moved to intense last month and the plants really are far better.

they are going to be grown in an 80x80cm tent with two other plants so 40x40 each. There is a 4” rhino pro filter with a mixed flo fan. I am using a 480w Samsung led light. I will also be growing in 6ltr pots and hopefully if all turns up I’ll be using a smart watering system to drip feed the plants as it seems to make a big difference and take away so much effort.

my complete tent set up cost £350 just for info and I really do have the best weed in town now. The others that get brought in by stealers is of great quality also but it’s always the same. Never ending cookies and dawgs and if I was really lucky a bit of strawberry haze. It’d all clearly been through a trim bag and you can tell the difference. Growing your own allows you to have anything you want though and as you hand trim with precision your weed literally sparkles in the sun like it’s coverd in tiny diamonds. Ill be enjoying a Hindu Kush crossed with strawberry sativa in a few months so I would recommend it to anyone. It’s not like you need a space as big as mine and mine isn’t even a whole m2. 

but you know

Strawberry sativa. Nice.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 5

I bought a bag of h+g bat special recently, sounds like you got a duff bag there, or mine was old stock. Mine is exactly like Canna Pro, I mean identical :unsure:

Best of luck with the grow/comp, be good to see what turns up out of these! :lucky:

• Like 1

Just now, KC said:

I bought a bag of h+g bat special recently, sounds like you got a duff bag there, or mine was old stock. Mine is exactly like Canna Pro, I mean identical :unsure:

Best of luck with the grow/comp, be good to see what turns up out of these! :lucky:

the first bag I bought was beautiful stuff. Light airy, really great. Last two have been terrible same as biobizz. Thing is though I might be being a bit harsh as I read mat from intense talking about the bottle stock they use and how they had to swap for a bit. Maybe Covid just screwed up more people’s recipes than I’m thinking and where I think biobizz may be weaker now it may have just had issues getting ingredients to make it the same way as before.

Edited by Whatwentwrong

Biobizz got weaker many many years ago mate, that's why I stopped using it. Someone said the trial packs you can buy are ok.... then you wonder why the proper bottles are shit lol 

• Like 1

I’ll be sticking with intense now.

theyre fairly priced, work perfect and they aren’t blocking the pump up. I’m gonna splash out on the full range for these grows on payday and all the plants should have automated smart watering systems too so lazy compost grows are on the way.

you know in hydro you have to clean out once a week to stop bacteria and stuff building up and creating root rot. You also need to use an air stone.

well soil is soil init (suprisingly enough I know) and you put all sorts of shit in soil to add nutrients. So do you reckon I should buy reservoirs that would do one week and clean them weekly or would ones that do two be ok as it’s only going in soil. They won’t need air stones as the water oxygenates as it flows through the soil and shit is shit init. So it can go into soil.

Edited by Whatwentwrong

I'm a hand watering man mate, the thought of a res in the loft would make me a nervous wreck!

I'm just trying out some intense now, the dirt range, it's early days but seems ok so far. 4 plants isn't too bad for hand watering, I think it's good to go and check them every so often, with automated it must be easy to leave them ages without having a butchers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KC said:

with automated it must be easy to leave them ages without having a butchers.

your joking right. You check them five times a day just like a hand waterer (I only have one plant automated at the minute and it really is blasting along. Like an intense dirt range IV line). The only difference between this is you only turn up once a week with feed and all the other times you have your fingers crossed you’ll be lucky enough to see the watering system activate. I’m so happy when it does and I get to watch it water itself and then stop without flooding the drobe. Don’t forget a res is what ever so I was going to use a 10 ltr plastic Jerry can and a 25 litre one in the bloom closet. I was going to drill holes in the lid as well so it can still close.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well the seeds are plants now.

large.3FA1191D-5039-4E57-8D4A-2CE166BDD88D.jpeglarge.05A642F6-8D55-4C05-ACC4-B59EEBB93CBA.jpeg

the automated watering system has been jibbed off for a while as the pots are too moist. The plants can’t drain the water quick enough while they are this size so I’m back to hand watering.

its not that they are particularly ill or anything but you can see the seem a bit down and I think it’s the soggy root issue.

anyway the pots are drying out and the plants are now being fed so it should turn around this week. 

2ml intense grow

1ml intense mag cal

light is low at the minute. If I put it on full the tent reaches 34 degrees so I’m keeping it low to keep it under 30. 

come on colder weather!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

this is flowering init.

large.0A266925-BB20-42D7-9055-350B27C1F435.jpeglarge.0D98EC84-0FCC-41DF-A9F7-E9B79DFC2714.jpeg

It’s a bit upsetting that.

the other one smells beautiful though. Really gassy sweet smell. 

the tent is off so I’ll just post her clone.

large.1779C9E5-0EC8-4F97-A1F7-67C9E42EFF91.jpeg

the clone of the nice one is healthy. She took about 11 days to start rooting in the cubes but she’s growing now.

the auto is flowering in the tent and has the right nutrients for a flowering plant now. Photos will go up soon. The photo is really light at the minute. I’ve increased her nutes and dropped the light as I’m unsure which it could be but both will help.

So, my rainbow road photo is looking nice.

i know paradise haven’t been here for a while but I took the seeds and I’m growing plants so I’ll post the photos. If they offered seeds for diaries I would have done it like I’ve done for others so hopefully at the end we will just all get some free seeds instead of one person a month. Who knows but we can always email their site at the end.

anyway my photo rainbow road

large.3E0B69FA-6681-4B15-9296-0DF029EB5772.jpeglarge.A7BEBDE5-84D2-4AE5-A3A9-B544A65E8708.jpeg

she’s a bit light and I don’t know if this is light bleaching or nitrogen def. the other plants seem happy in the tent under the 480w but I’ve moved her under her own 120w for a while to try and help darken her up. I’ve increased her nutes a bit as well.

the auto flowering one

large.EC771943-25AA-456D-A355-AB686981C97F.jpeglarge.2EC32031-8611-43A7-8F99-8544C24FFC79.jpeg

it’s a shame she’s auto flowering. 

she shouldn’t be as they were cracked on their own so there is no way I could have gotten her mixed up. She’s big though and the others have week before flip so I’m not too up set but when you pop photos you really need photos. She doesn’t look too healthy but she’s had no bloom nutes as she was supposed to be in veg.

ive cloned the nice one and she’s rooted and growing well. So that’s a bonus. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The photos getting quite big now

large.489BD434-B738-4E29-BF64-447FF39B68AE.jpeglarge.D50B2C1D-34FA-4295-842F-0B74C01B629F.jpeg

she is incredibly gassy on a stem rub. All my plants are a much healthier looking now I’ve reduced the light to 80%

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

She’s been flipped so I’ll update as she flowers now.

i am a bit worried how much she’ll stretch. the tent is a bit full for a while so I won’t be able to pull her out properly for another couple of weeks.

large.BDDC1C95-3D42-4168-AE3C-8CAF10555316.jpeg

After being pulled out

• Like 4

Week 1 after flip

she is looking like she’ll be big

large.E0FE1845-C461-49ED-91B3-12B441F791A9.jpeglarge.D67BB645-7A95-446B-84F5-E80E359610F1.jpeglarge.6D46A052-0C9F-44FF-AC54-F57AC414C32F.jpeglarge.5CB6D8E4-B4E4-4183-B951-56286A9E3A20.jpeglarge.4D0FA9CF-8A22-4EB2-8871-8CEBE8DA0EB3.jpeg

it’s the nicest gassiest smelling weed you could imagine. 2 duds, 1 auto flower and one winner by the looks of it. 1 still to pop at some point in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...