"Healthy Leaf & Bud" botritis et-al treatment?

FlowwolF

Anyone here regularly use the above or other Bacillus subtilis organic botritis (and other issue) fighter?

I have some autos outdoor showed budrot signs in early-ish-mid flower noticed about a week ago, I removed all infected parts I could find and then managed to grab some of the above stuff (used to go by a different name).

I've mixed it as-per, and hit them with it one time. I'm wondering how often they should be treated though, as I can't seem to get that from the bottle label or anything.

Anyone got some inspiring success stories to tell from using this stuff? My first time growing autos outdoors, and I'd hate to lose it all before it's even got anywhere.

Cheers me dears, be well!

I'd suggest a Potassium Bicarbonate solution sprayed onto the affected area. Whilst I've never had Botrytis, KHCO3 is considered an effective all round fungicide albeit with anecdotal success concerning bud rot. This compound will not harm the plants and more importantly you. In medicine it's given orally to treat Hypokaleamia (not exclusively), considered safe by relevant authorities. This may be preferable to inorganic anti fungal products given an application is required in mid to late flower. Also quite easy to get hold of / inexpensive. 

Problem with using Bacillus spp, this bacterium seems effective at inhibiting a plant from developing a fungal disease but completely ineffective should a plant already have systemic Botrytis; prevention rather than cure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Poisonata said:

I'd suggest a Potassium Bicarbonate solution sprayed onto the affected area. Whilst I've never had Botrytis, KHCO3 is considered an effective all round fungicide albeit with anecdotal success concerning bud rot. This compound will not harm the plants and more importantly you. In medicine it's given orally to treat Hypokaleamia (not exclusively), considered safe by relevant authorities. This may be preferable to inorganic anti fungal products given an application is required in mid to late flower. Also quite easy to get hold of / inexpensive. 

Problem with using Bacillus spp, this bacterium seems effective at inhibiting a plant from developing a fungal disease but completely ineffective should a plant already have systemic Botrytis; prevention rather than cure.

I was concerned about this, wondering if that's why they changed the name from 'bud rot stop'.

Anyway 2 days after 1st application, just had to remove a bunch more young flowers from the 3 little autos, more than last time too.

TBH I'm not sure spraying with anything is gonna help right now, but as my first experiment with autos, and with outdoors, I was prepared to end up with just a bit of stuff to make oil from anyway.

I think my cure for next year is just timing - I staggered putting them out, the early ones would have been perfectly timed but my slug protection was poor and they got eaten to bits. These last 3 just went out too late for where I'm at I reckon - we're near a river, high humidity and cool every morning this time of year, not to mention all the fucking rain heheheh, cheers buddy.

ETA - I'll use this stuff next time as prevention also, and will give a bit to my outdoor bagseed girls too, which I did just as a low investment way to test some spots, even though I don't expect much bud at all from them!

Edited by FlowwolF
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2021 at 10:07 AM, FlowwolF said:

Chopped all 3 down today, reckon they were finished anyhow. One plant had hardly been touched, but the other 2 only had a smattering of little buds left on them as I'd had to go back every 2 days and pull more off before it went to mush. Got a few flash dried bud smokes though and a bit of honey oil so what I pulled didn't go to waste, it just didn't get any bigger heheheheh.

Anyhow, plans for next year are to get 'em out around mid-may, have them treated with the HLAB in the first couple of weeks, just to help, but I'm hoping the earlier start will do most of the work. These plants were already a surviving miracle anyway since they started out with fungus gnat larvae and root aphid infestations, so until they got the jump on those issues they were being dwarfed the whole time by root pruning little parasites, bless 'em!

I said from the start the majority of this harvest was to be information to take into next year - first time with autos, first proper stab at outdoor, and first time growing any canna in years, well since my last diary got wrapped up whenever the hell that was!

Cheers folks ',;~}~