Posting to instagram safely

green_machine

Hey everyone

I have been wanting to increase my profile in the UK med scene a little and as part of that, I have been thinking about posting to Instagram and becoming a cannabis instawank.

Let me state categorically here at the start that I have no intention of ever profiting from growing or breeding cannabis and I am not planning to use the platform to propel me to internet 'celebrity stardom' with stolen / hacked genetics (looking at you on this one BSV :rofl:)

I would like to show other UK users what they can achieve in small spaces and much like I do here, I would like to encourage more users to grow their own high-quality weed.

I would also like to use the platform to bring in and test some of the new cannabis related products in the hope that some additional pressure will force the UK headshops to improve their game as I have been very disappointed with the array and quality of items available to us here in the UK.

I know there are a few people on here that post on Instagram @tokenroll @twigs and I was wondering what you do to stay safe when posting.

greenie

• Like 7

Guest anarchycamp

I'd have thought it'd be the same as here but Insta know your data. Not that Mark will come after you. I used to have an account but it's full of literal children messaging you bull so it's not worth the hassle imho

Keep your tats and hands out of pictures.

• Like 1

When making an instagram account or any social network my best advise is use a dedicated email account, then go straight to preferences in the apps and make sure to turn of sharing of your contacts/phone book and setup all privacy settings to suit.I don't run instagram on my phone ever always using my surface pro and a vpn. Hope that may help a little.

Toke...

• Like 6

Guest anarchycamp

@tokenroll Good point about the dedicated email/ turning off contacts:wallbash:

I'll top it off and mention I got raided the same day my Insta got taken down. 

Edited by anarchycamp

1 hour ago, green_machine said:

I have been thinking about posting to Instagram and becoming a cannabis instawank

lol don’t do it, it’s shite! 

no honestly, it’s full of ego’s and wanker companies selling lies.. and beaded hipster tossers that think being outdoors and doing stuff a new thing lol

Got hassle from nice dudes in Hawaii who thought I was ripping their strain off, which is actually a great complement! lol

It’s horrible watching weed get turned into a plastic corporate consumable stock and shares product rather than a normal plant in a garden we should all have.. 

It’s hard to find people to look up to now in the modern weed world.

• Like 19

turn off your location on phone, and crack on.

im on it, and im not a wanker (opinions may vary lol), well not a total one. 

i just unfollow the "look at me, ive got the fire" mob, theres some seriously good growers/ photographers on insta.

My pics are shite, but i dont care.......

• Like 7

Protonmail for, hopefully, a good amount of email privacy.

Never do anything risky on a mobile phone, even with all the settings changed for location, etc. your data is still vulnerable. Unless you go for something like LineageOS (there are other custom Android ROMs) you cannot be sure 'stuff' is not happening in the background even if you've said no. iPhone? - you're Apple's bitch now.

Anything run by Faecesbook is bad - the Stasi, if they were still a thing, would be having wet dreams thinking of the info collected via these anti-social apps that we give away for free! I guess you can tell I'm not a fan :)

Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean 'they' are not out to get me :unsure:

Edited by Rural Buddha
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Even with everything turned off and what-not, the account will still start recommending your friends and family from your day-to-day account to follow the new one. Data makes it impossible to have two account on one phone/laptop/tablet with out them being intrinsically linked, even if its not obvious on the surface.

• Like 1

Also if two phones are used in the same place, or travel to and from the same places as each other, 'They' will link them. 

Most of the advertising is done by location; it's very easy to tell who you work with, which phones are leaving at 8am to travel along the same roads to an office/factory with a registered address. All those phones going to the same place, staying there for 7.75 hours then leaving, going back to the same residential property. Who your friends are, who you work with, who your family is, who you go down the pub with etc etc, cross marketers wet dream.

• Like 1