seedlings not producing a second set of leaves yet

the ferret

hi guys i started 3 seeds off in rockwool cubes the 3 germinated no problem. and ive got them under a under a 250 watt cfl light. the problem is they started to stretch a bit and they haven't produced a second set of leaves yet. the seedling are about two weeks old now. ive got the light about a 1 ft above them as not to burn them or dry the cubes out. never used rockwool cubes before so any idea where im going wrong. ferret

3 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

Have you used any Rockwool suitable Nuits (Formulex) 

PH 5.5

ive giving them a small drop of ionic hydro grow

1 hour ago, Personunknown said:

First proper leaves ? What genetic's etc?

i was given the seeds thats all i know the strain is super bud by greenhouse seeds

Edited by the ferret
  • Like 1

I asked as i've had the odd one push the shell off then do no more than open the first rounded leaves in the past (cant think how to spell there name :wallbash:)  and put it down to them been poor genetics or old seed.

• Like 1

I’ve had a few like that. If you can see minuscule ‘proper’ leaves just give them time. They usually throw out a bit of mutation ime but will go normal after a while. I’ve had others that show absolutely nothing but cotyledons and theyre good for nowt but the bin. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Shumroom said:

How are they coming along now @the ferret?

Got any photos?

Atb

:yinyang:

just give them another light feed with the lights off woke up this morning and they produced a second set of leafs. so well happy about that. im useless with computers shumroom so no photos but thank you very much for asking

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I’ve had a few like that. If you can see minuscule ‘proper’ leaves just give them time. They usually throw out a bit of mutation ime but will go normal after a while. I’ve had others that show absolutely nothing but cotyledons and theyre good for nowt but the bin. 

thanks mickydouhnut you right it looks like time is what they needed.

• Like 1