New extraction

Leafneck

Hey guys, whipped this up last night. 

8 inch extraction in my garage, it then goes to a 300 x 200 louvered in the parapet of the pitched roof of my garage where no neighbours can see it. 

I've got to box the ducting in a little that's outside the room sitting on the shelf , I've also added a 8" coupler just as the ducting starts to go vertical, 2 jubilee clips on that.. Plan is when I need to open the garage door ( once a week or 2 while I was the car is all the doors used for)

Thoughts on this, I've read bends are bad and noisy.. I don't mind a bit of noise but is this going to be decent efficiency large.IMG_20210810_223005_compress62.jpglarge.IMG_20210810_223001_compress48.jpglarge.IMG_20210810_222933_compress0.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leafneck said:

I don't mind a bit of noise but is this going to be decent efficiency 

Increased noise and reduced flow efficiency are two sides of the same coin!

AC ducting engineers have rules of thumb they use for installing ducts, so they'll know the average loss of flow that each metre of straight ducting results in and they'll also know that e.g. a 90 degree bend has the same loss of flow as x metres of straight ducting and it will be more than you'd guess.

Google something like ducting loss calculator and you should be able to find something for 8" ducting that will let you work out the average flow loss you'll see for each metre of straight and for various different radius bends.

• Like 1

Just now, Exhale said:

Job done! 

I take it you measured twice? you said you only had 6.5" to play with lol 

lol gave the old boy a slap and remeasured 

• Like 1