Re veg question .

I managed to end up with 40 or so seeds in my  last harvest which was a Sativa called Strawberry Pie ( fem ) 

I decided to do a fertility test and ended up with 4 , which the variation is frankly astonishing ! One that I thought was going to be shit as it stretched and is a leggy fucker now is easily the best and looks mighty promising but its in week 7 . I think it has at least 4/5 weeks yet , so my question is ...

Would it be best to just let it run , harvest , reveg , (never tried this ) take cuts then /keep as mother if it is that good  ? 

Or take cuts now , and loose a bit of yeild .

Cannot find much info on Strawberry Pie is self , Only the Auto . I was pleased with it .Seemed quite strong .

Cheers Mick

• Like 1

I'd be worried about using those seeds as the mother was likely a hermi, so they will likely be susceptible to it as well, that being said you can always test out the individual you want to keep in case it doesn't follow suit or just be really careful not to stress it, personally I would probably look for a suitable mum elsewhere. If you do want to keep it you could try taking a cutting from a lower branch and then re vegging it as its roots, its not as easy as taking a cut off a vegging plant but I've seen it be done. If you re veg the whole plant after crop it will take a long time to get back to veg (I think the rule of thumb is as long as it was in flower). 

• Like 2

I think I will go the reveg whole plant route as I am lazy  :) Plant I want to keep looks nice , but is bit of fun mainly . The mother of seed was fertilised by a Choc Mint OG  that had a couple of nuts . That plant ended up with only 4 seeds in it ! 

I have no idea what I am doing and its pheno city with the seeds   , but I figure (probably wrongly) there is good genetics in there ? So might get a good plant , as this one is proving so far to look that way  . Its a good way to dial things in with free beans too  as new to indoor . 

Time will tell . I am having fun . Thats the main thing !