Coconut trees

Hempire Road

The ions are closer to the cells in coir for osmosis to happen. That's why the salt transportation can happen throughout the plant . Coconut trees grow on the beach in these high EC salt concentrated conditions, with the same principle for plants grown in coir.

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

:headpain:

Just think how these islands got colonised by coconut trees . Swimming in the salty sea water and germinating on an island in these conditions . 

1 minute ago, Hempire Road said:

Just think how these islands got colonised by coconut trees . Swimming in the salty sea water and germinating on an island in these conditions . 

Sorry still :headpain:

34 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Sorry still :headpain:

We use salt based Nutrients for coco coir for our plants to grow . I'm just trying to explain how our plants mirror the process of coconut trees thriving out at sea . Not a lot of plants can thrive in high salt based soils like coconut trees, and how the coconut hairs also share those same attributes of nutrient transportation.  It's just interesting how they evolved that way, with the ions being closer to cells etc. It's cool how they morphed and existed through such tough conditions. It's kind of unique and why we grow in coco husks.

Edited by Hempire Road

I literally had no idea that coco had anything special about it like that, just figured it was just another inert substrate like rockwool, I have little to no knowledge on hydro/salt based feeds as I've grown up an organic veg grower and have just transferred/adapted my methods to MJ, well I guess we learn something new everyday.

It is amazing just how powerful natures will to survive really is, it can adapt to form life in almost any condition imaginable. I've just been reading an article about the "plastisphere" a study of the flora and fauna out on those giant floating islands of plastic waste, there's microbes out there that have evolved to actually break down the plastic, they actually thrive on it!! We may be running out of time to save mankind, but Gaia is already starting to brush off the damage we have done like crumbs off the sofa lol.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

I literally had no idea that coco had anything special about it like that, just figured it was just another inert substrate like rockwool, I have little to no knowledge on hydro/salt based feeds as I've grown up an organic veg grower and have just transferred/adapted my methods to MJ, well I guess we learn something new everyday.

It is amazing just how powerful natures will to survive really is, it can adapt to form life in almost any condition imaginable. I've just been reading an article about the "plastisphere" a study of the flora and fauna out on those giant floating islands of plastic waste, there's microbes out there that have evolved to actually break down the plastic, they actually thrive on it!! We may be running out of time to save mankind, but Gaia is already starting to brush off the damage we have done like crumbs off the sofa lol.

You seen the metal snails at the bottom of volcano vents? They evolved a metal shell from such extreme environments over millions of years! A platinum shell lol

• Like 1

When we were in Thailand the weed was full of seeds. We would pick them out and chuck them on the beach by the bungalow. One day we noticed that the seeds had popped and were growing in the sand. 

• Like 2

Ey up @twigs how much and how often would you give them a slurp of coconut water and is it that acquired taste stuff from th’asda?  I’ve got a couple of your Konacookie on the go (I’m 99% sure they’re your work) I’ll give them a splash if I see any of it on me shopping trip.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twigs said:

take it you’ve used coconut water on your plants? if not, give it a go.. :stoned: 

I've heard about this. Seen a few people say it works a treat, what benefits does it give ? 

@MindSoup loads mate :stoned: 

have a search here dude it’s been mentioned quite a bit and loads of stuff about it online..

coconut water and aloe vera mate :yep: 

Just now, twigs said:

@MindSoup loads mate :stoned: 

have a search here dude it’s been mentioned quite a bit and loads of stuff about it online..

coconut water and aloe vera mate :yep: 

Yeah just been looking, looks like a good source of carbs and micros when you don't want base nutes.