IWS Brain Pot connections

Rural Buddha

I'm putting together an IWS R-DWC Pro system and I have a couple of questions.

1. The pump in the brain pot was loose in the pot, just the power cable stopping it falling out. I've worked out that it connects to the middle bottom hose connector (return from pots? Sucking or blowing?). Does the pump outlet (on top) connect to anything? The hose from the left top connector perhaps? Then what connects to the other side of that?

2. I have a chiller to fit in somewhere. The IWS instructions say 'The IWS RDWC systems can be connected to a water chiller. Attach the pump to the chiller output. Use 16mm pipe to connect the Control Pot to the chiller and then back to the Control Pot.'

I'm confused, surely the chiller output is just that, it wouldn't want a pump pumping it in the outlet. I must have understood wrong. The 3 smaller (16mm) connectors at the top of the pot have to be connected to the reservoir and the chiller some how. The chiller came with its own pump (MJ1000) so can stand alone if connecting to the brain pot pump isn't a good idea.

I'd be grateful for some advice on what pipes go where on the top connectors - internal and external.

large.brain_pot_pump_connections.jpg

After a good night's sleep I'd worked out half my questions. To be sure, I emailed the maker/supplier and got confirmation, and answers to the other questions.

Yes, the loose pump should be connected to the inlet (middle bottom spigot) and to the pipe coming from the left top 16mm spigot. The chiller input connects to this spigot so the Brain Pot pump pumps water through the chiller..

One of the other spigots goes to the chiller output, the other goes to the fill pipe from the reservoir (fill pump in the bottom of the res.).

The drain from the reservoir goes to a 16mm spigot at the bottom of the Brain Pot (Control Pot in IWS terms) which is another pump - pumps everywhere :)

The pump that came with the chiller I'll use to mix up feed - beats stirring - and to change the reservoir water when its time.

Most of the pipe work done today. Just the chiller, air stones and air pump to fit and the system will be ready to test.

• Like 1