How to long term store a very small amount of Cannabis?

jimineycricket

Hi There,

A friend gifted me a very small amount of Cannabis. Like a lot less than half a fistful.

For me as an irregular user who basically microdoses it , this small amount will go a very long way.

So how would I go about storing so that it will still be viable in weeks and months?

Do I need to do some drying or curing first?

Not looking for absolute perfect methodology just a few things I could do to help it keep.

The weed is a little moist not totally dry at the moment and is in an airtight jar with rubber seal.

Thanks for any advice,

Jim

3 minutes ago, jimineycricket said:

Hi There,

A friend gifted me a very small amount of Cannabis. Like a lot less than half a fistful.

For me as an irregular user who basically microdoses it , this small amount will go a very long way.

So how would I go about storing so that it will still be viable in weeks and months?

Not looking for absolute perfect methodology just a few things I could do to help it keep.

The weed is a little moist not totally dry at the moment and is in an airtight jar with rubber seal.

Thanks for any advice,

Jim

Get a brown paper bag (or better still an unbleached paper bag) but said herb in and leave it in for a few days until it's dry. Return it to the airtight jar and keep it somewhere cool and dark. If dried properly it will remain fine indefinitely. I have some in jars that are 2 years old and there are some on here have got weed longer than that

• Like 1

As Larry said - make sure it's suitably dry then it's basically the same rules as when keeping anything fresh - air, light and heat will degrade it.  Keep it away from these three things and it will basically last indefinitely. 

8 minutes ago, jimineycricket said:

Like a lot less than half a fistful.

This might be my new favourite form of measurement... 'what you after? a full fistful or just a half?'.  

• Like 3

Your needs are the same as mine. 

So i have armed myself with the very smallest Kilner style jars from Wilkos (they was on sale too! 75p each)
And also a few very small Glass tubes with corks (3 of these fit inside a small 'smokers' tin for size reference) 

These keep my weed untainted and delicious , just have to open the jars now and again , you can easily store weed in the dark for a year or so like this with no degradation 

49 minutes ago, jimineycricket said:

not depends how moist it is. If the stems snap then leave it in the jar but open the jar daily until it’s down to the right dryness and then leave it. If the stems are still wet then you have to dry it for a while longer before putting it in the jar and curing it.

large_herb.png
(the jar has CBD in it , the small glass cork containers have the good shit in lol)

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

Get a brown paper bag (or better still an unbleached paper bag) but said herb in and leave it in for a few days until it's dry. Return it to the airtight jar and keep it somewhere cool and dark. If dried properly it will remain fine indefinitely. I have some in jars that are 2 years old and there are some on here have got weed longer than that

Going to respond but really Larry said everything that needs to be said. Had some Gelato #41 stored for a year, still just as strong but with a very slight reduction in flavour. Main considerations when storing weed long term is keeping it somewhere relatively cool circa 20 degrees Celsius, correctly dried prior to storage, away from strong smells in an air tight container in the dark. Most important kept in the dark, light is the major culprit in reducing the life expectancy of stored weed. 

• Like 1

Thanks folks , stems a little bendy so in a paper bag for a few days then back into the jar and maybe open jar every few days until dry enough

On 25/07/2021 at 6:33 PM, vape_ninja said:

large_herb.png
(the jar has CBD in it , the small glass cork containers have the good shit in lol)

Those wee glass tubes, where does a man find those :) They look great.

45 minutes ago, treebeard2 said:

Those wee glass tubes, where does a man find those :) They look great.

was given these by one of those Thomas the Tank engine sized vape users (nictoine e juice) , Some coils come in them apparantly,

But you can also find them on common auction sites, be mindful of sizes though 

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 2

I have kilner jars and jam jars they're great for longer term storage, the aesthetics of those wee jars is ace though. Wouldn't mind picking a few up and making a nice rack in the workshop for them.

• Like 2

@jimineycricket

I got some of these about two years ago from Home bargins, and i use the for the very same reason and they have worked great still, i even use them now,

large.20210801_002511.jpg

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 6:09 PM, KC said:

Filth! 

On 25/07/2021 at 6:09 PM, KC said:

Filth! :naughty:

Rings up for weed ."i need two fists immediately" :)lol;)