One plant 4x4 in coco... Pot size?

OneMorePuff

So... this heatwave has been a boon for my vegging and flowering plants, but it caught me by surprise and killed off the clones I was rooting took for my next run, and only one has made it.

However, because the current flowering run is looking very healthy I expect the harvest will keep me smoking for a good few months, so I don't mind taking my time with the next run... With this in mind, I'm thinking I'll grow out the single clone that is growing healthily and was already rooted before the heatwave hit, and try something new - scrogging it out in a single pot coco grow in my 4x4.

I'm wondering about pot size - I'm thinking a 40l fabric pot should do the job?

What do you guys think? Will that pot size work?  Any other tips on this are welcome, as it'll be my first time scrogging and my first time growing out a single plant to fill my 4x4. 

• Like 1

Guest Donnyronny

Yep more than enough, 

you really just need to worry about Ltrs of feed needed vs medium if doing big ones so you are not caught short watering.   

most big plants need 10 - 15L per day when flowering so work backwards, you want a pot that can handle that per day without drying out, so a 40Ltr pot would be fine, 30L would be too to be honest. 

36L pots work best for me but I’m in soil, I've tried 50L as well and they work just as good but don’t fit in the bin.

mine tend to take a watering can a day ( 15L ) so it works great

ive got a diary going now with 3 lights on one plant in a 36L pot and it’s moving along nicely, have a butchers and ask me any questions you need dude 

here’s a 36L pot and I water once a day 15 litres

large.FADC71E0-3742-40B1-8276-E017EBB874EF.jpeglarge.F63BEE45-BFF3-4EB0-BF41-845A31688B8D.jpeg

Edited by Donnyronny

• 2 weeks later...

You could get away with a smaller pot if you have a watering/runoff system in place :)

Or will you just be hand watering? 

Atb 

:yinyang:

43 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

You could get away with a smaller pot if you have a watering/runoff system in place :)

Or will you just be hand watering? 

Atb 

Hand watering.  I've ordered a 30L fabric pot.

I'm guessing if I go from the 2L she's in now straight into the 30L, then that's asking for trouble?  Should I have one more pot up in between, like 7 or 10L?

I'd probably go:

2l to 6l, 

6l to 12l, 

12l to 30l

But I'm still fairly new to coco and it might be a bit different to what I'm used to with compost,

so another option from someone like @Exhale or @tokenroll wouldn't go amiss :D

You could probably go from 2l to 8l,

then 8l to 30l.

Just make sure you give a couple/3 of days between watering to begin with after each pot up, 

increasing frequency as they root up(don't let the coco get too dry) :)

Atb 

• Like 1

Just now, Owderb said:

I'm a bit surprised no one has asked what light is being used before trying to help

Owd 

Fair point - T5's for now, in a few weeks when the current flower run is done she'll go in the main tent under a 450w QB type LED.