Cutting a Line

bartman

First off, sorry if you came to this thread thinking it had anything to do with cocaine because it does not.

Queuing or Queue Jumping is the topic up for discussion. (aka line cutting).

I’m quite an orderly type of fella when it comes to queuing. I accept it has to be done to practice fairness, so have no objections in doing so when required. 
Like the majority of other people do. :yep:

There are some who don’t like to queue and push in for whatever reason. Some are ok to do so. Some not so ok to do so. lol 

Why do people intentionally jump a queue? It appears very rude when they do do it and I’m sure they have their reasons. It seems to wind some people up to the point of fisty cuffs. 

Are queue jumpers ok to jump queues? Do queue jumpers have a right to jump queues?

Are some people ok to push in? Say for instance a paramedic team calling for a quick brew at a fast food establishment? Hospital queues regularly push people up the waiting list in order of severity? Ambulance drivers don’t queue at red lights.

What are peoples thoughts and stories on queuing and queue jumping?

On the road? At the bar? Shopping? Anywhere?

Are you a queue jumper? And if so how and why?

Mid 80’s my mate had a mini cooper for his first car and drove it like a fucking loon but lucky to get away with no collisions. He would approach a line of traffic stopped on a red light. Overtake the lot and pull in in front of the first car. Often having to reverse back right up to the bumper of the first car to allow for any on coming traffic. Plonker used to get us into some right sticky situations doing it but still did it often. Cringe worthy young and stupid.

:smokin:

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

lol  It depends on if they ask nicely, please and thankyou etc.

If I'm in a queue shopping and got a load of stuff to go through and the next guy has got one item then I always let them go through before me because, well, they've only got one item ffs and see it as being a bit petty not to do so.  

• Like 10

As above if I got a few bits and someone only has an item or two I always tell em to go first. Do it for old people as well just sorta as a respect thing I guess. I won’t have people just push in though lol fuck that. Part of my dies when I see someone push in and because they look like one them silly “road man” types people don’t say anything. Suppose reading all the shit about knife crime has some effect on some people. Then others just want a quiet life I guess n to old to be rolling about. Most the time I think the people who do it though shit themselves when pulled by someone proper. Good manners don’t cost a thing init.

• Like 4

Queue jumping does my tits in. Tends to be rude old folk. 

Drop kick the dentures out of them for me. 

Rude as fuck 

• Like 4

Never had fisty-cuffs over it but my line-cutter MO is to point out quite loudly and clearly that there is a queue, and point to where it starts, so that people turn around to look and hopefully the embarrassment and/or reminder encourages civil behaviour.  Always hated queuing behind velvet ropes outside bars and clubs though-was never a blagger or cool enough to enable cheeky queue-jumps. :lookaround:

• Like 2

Just now, Slippy One said:

Surely this has been discussed ad nauseum in the things that get on your nerves thread?

i don't think it has tbh

i hate it in traffic when they coast down the outside lane knowing full well it filters at the end of it, i don't let the cunts in lol

we have a big queue every morning to the main roads out of my town, there's a little shortcut you can take to save maybe 300m, they can fuck off too, why bother? lol

• Like 3

They sprout like crazy with shoots ,a thicket after you cut them back ,and if you care about your car's appearance and park your car under a lime on a hot sunny day ,you'll have tiny specks of sap all over the car . :wassnnme:

• Like 1

only time I queue is for a gig and  I've almost forgotten what they are, but I usually pre book which means I get to queue jump the plebs paying by cash and occasionally well connected friends get me in on the guest list so no queuing or plebs  lol

in traffic I just filter to the front which is one of the joys of riding a motorbike :yep:

Edited by Joolz
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Queue jumping does my tits in. Tends to be rude old folk. 

At clubs they call them V.I.P Guests lol :yep:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, botanics said:

If I'm in a queue shopping and got a load of stuff to go through and the next guy has got one item then I always let them go through before me because, well, they've only got one item ffs and see it as being a bit petty not to do so.  

59 minutes ago, stummer said:

As above if I got a few bits and someone only has an item or two I always tell em to go first. Do it for old people as well just sorta as a respect thing I guess. 

Respect, I try to do this myself unless I'm rushing like fuck, its small benevolent acts like this that really can make someone's day

• Like 6

Do the same with hopping on a bus or train and it’s someone old or say a woman with a buggy. With that you could have been waiting before me and I cut the line on their behalf lol . To be fair I’ve never once had anyone moan when I’ve said about letting them on first. Giving up your seats another one I do and will speak up on if no fucker offers theirs to someone more needing. Just how we was bought up as kids I guess.

• Like 1

People who think 'saving a spot' in a queue is a thing.

No.

If your friend wasn't here at the same time you got here then they can join the fucking back of the queue and wait for their turn like everyone else in the fucking queue, that's how queues fucking work. If you want to wait with them by all means go to the back too :)

• Like 3