Upgrade Time

Machiavelli

Hey peeps it's time i got new extraction my sms twin has stopped controlling and my collection of 4" fans has anoyed me long enough

So id like to go EC motor and not too fussed about acoustic as i can easily leepy box a fan

but id like to use a active intake on a controller eventually and have the fans deal with rh spikes too

i stumbled upon Rucks new etamaster ec fans they offer pwm, 3 step and potentiometer versions all just over £100 a pop

then i stumbled upon a great post on here where a user got ac infinitys working on and GAS controller :skin_up:so i delved into it a bit more now i am stuck on missing info on the gas controllers

http://www.uk420.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2021_07/large.1.jpg.5910e11c88785afb2b6720e300ccd14d.jpg

http://www.uk420.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2021_07/large.2.jpg.5a3ce99c23fbc909a11e6d41d470b53f.jpg

image 1 is the specs of fan 2 the control

they do sell fans with specific ruck controller too the 3 steps are ok at 150 but pwm almost 200 each and that controller is an

MTP50

Possible outputs

1-10 VDC

2-20 mA

10-100% PWM

would these fans work on GAS stuff ?

I run GAS enviro 2 controller good bits of kit not the cheapest but it’s does everything it says on the tin only thing didn’t like was setting the thing up thru the menus. You can run both types of fans on the gas can’t help you on infinity tho I’m afraid.

TS

Guest anarchycamp

You can get a dedicated ac infinity controller for up to 2 fans, it's less than  £60. If you were to go that route it would certainly be cheaper than buying GAS

thanks for input, yes the ac infinity is an easy option tbh but id love to grab a enviro controller that does the whole shabang and there is a huge range of the rucks at a good price  if this works, i am just trying to work out if the etamaster ec fans can be  controlled in the same manner they was able to get the infitiys to :unsure:

Right i have a couple questions after more researching etc.

I been lookin at the AC's and i like the t4 (moves a bit more air and better than current) but i see people report issues using the controller 67 with a HPS ballast? i use a omega dimable, is this issue still a thing ?

Question 2 Do rvk fans humm on GAS ac1 controllers and alike looking at 5"L size or low power 6" of rvk and maxifan rvk's

Its looking like i either go rvk or hypver fan v2( add a gas ec2 after) as the rucks seem great on paper and price but having to buy there potentionmeter or 3 step controller is a let down id like temp control at least  with out having to build something

Any other options i have missed, questions or help welcome peeps

Thanks macha :smokin:

Hey mach, long time no chat. Hope you're well. 

When you say rvks do you mean the old style? They won't work on a gas ac1 AFAIK. 

• Like 1

Yo Kc yes long time, aliving n kicking man you good?

and yes traditional rvk ac motor but new, so thats them off the books

think i will have to go with hyper v2 and upgrade controller after its all up and going

• Like 1

Good cheers buddy, living the dream my friend :D

Have you checked out the K series systemair ones? it's basically an rvk but Ec motored. They're not cheap but if I was going ec that's the puppy. If you check out Arthur Mixes diary he's started using one recently. Aren't those hyper ones the ones people had turning off? I know it might have been the V1 but the way the company handled it was appalling. I hope the V2 is better made if you go down that road. 

• Like 1

Just had a butchers in arthurs grow, they look great but £230 for a 5" dang my broke self aint affording that for a fan alone lol 

might have to go with a ruck etamaster ec + a 3step controller for £150, pwm one be nice but  they £180+ and  unsure if can  use off gas controller down the line

and i think systemair took over phresh so ye the v2's are supposed to be good?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Right i have still not got a new fan :mellow:, but tomorrow i am about to get 1 i have a budget of £130 using clearpay lol  hey man hard times for me so i have to spread shit out like butter

anyway where i thought i had a 5" fan and all duct holes i have ever done are for 5" acoustic duct id like to stay with that, i have a brand new mammoth filter and phonic duct

my choices i have narrowed down to are  5" hyper phresh v2 £130 , ac infinity 4" £105, or on sale atm somewhere i shop is a ruck ISOTX Acoustic box fan also £130

i have had my eye on the older ac version of the Revolution stratos 150mm but id need reducers for that as i have 5" filter

my current controller is a sms twin  she is old and tempermental so i wanted  hyper or ac so can get a good controller for like 100 down the line

for some reason i think them 2 ac fans work on the sms's and would be more reliable ??

which fan would you go with in this situation odv i am leanin to the first 1 i wrote the box fan is very tempting tho always liked them

Thread done i went n found a deal , GAS pro step 4amp trans bassed controller in sale for £100 :bong: she on her way! now i can use what i already have properly or a cheaper bigger fan if needed down the road

• Like 2