BCN CRITICAL XXL FEM

Seedstockers-Mark

large.bcn-critical-xxl-feminized.jpg

BCN Critical is another multi-award winning Seedstockers cannabis classic, most famous for the extremely strong high which has satisfied countless growers. The buds often have a citrus aroma and lemon taste, harvest quantities are impressive and well above average. This variety is an established and consistent prizewinner, she blooms quickly and always produces great quality harvests. For many growers its the only variety they need. Critical is a remarkably strong smoke (23%+ THC) and so pleasing to grow that you will look forward to growing her again and again. Our breeding experts in Barcelona obtained this variety after crossing elite clones of Kritikal Bilbo and Critical+ from the Basque Country, selecting the best individual and crossing it with original regular Critical Mass seeds from our own seed archives. We made a new Critical selection which resulted in the strongest and most productive Critical version we had ever seen.

https://seedstockers.com/en/feminized/bcn-critical-xxl-feminized

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Got these in veg at the moment. Growth rate is good after top watering in Autopots for 2 weeks. They're now shooting upwards and outwards under 600w bulbs at a massive rate.

• Like 4

On 07/01/2022 at 9:30 PM, scubatricky said:

Got these in veg at the moment. Growth rate is good after top watering in Autopots for 2 weeks. They're now shooting upwards and outwards under 600w bulbs at a massive rate.

Any chance we could talk you into running a diary on uk420 with our BCN Critical XXL?

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The BCN critical xxl is looking very promising atm. It probably stretched double its height (maybe a touch more) during the first 3 weeks of flowering but its bud structure is stacking up very well. If it's as strong a high as the Dinafem Critical + 2.0 then I will be happy. I will update with a couple more pictures when it's nearly done and how long it takes to flower. :hippy:

• Like 4

On 31/08/2022 at 8:43 PM, lennyd79 said:

The BCN critical xxl is looking very promising atm. It probably stretched double its height (maybe a touch more) during the first 3 weeks of flowering but its bud structure is stacking up very well. If it's as strong a high as the Dinafem Critical + 2.0 then I will be happy. I will update with a couple more pictures when it's nearly done and how long it takes to flower. :hippy:

Thanks for the added info mate. 

Can't wait to see her at full power and closer to harvest. 

Kind regards, 

Mark..

• Like 2

On day 51 flower now and the pistils are starting to slowly change colour. Buds are a good size and I have had a good inspection for any signs of bud rot but no sign. I've been tapering down the feed for the last two weeks. These might go longer than 8 weeks - will wait and see?

large.20220913_205824.jpglarge.20220913_205829.jpglarge.20220913_205842.jpg

• Like 5

Took the Critical down today at day 57 as noticed a small bit mould on two of the biggest buds, nothing major just a couple of wee bits that I have cut out. All hanging up drying now and certainly looks a big yielder and a lovely plant to grow. Funny as I had a little bit mould on one green poison bud which is a first. I did less plants in bigger pots this grow so the buds were bigger. 

Edited by lennyd79
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/09/2022 at 9:37 PM, lennyd79 said:

On day 51 flower now and the pistils are starting to slowly change colour. Buds are a good size and I have had a good inspection for any signs of bud rot but no sign. I've been tapering down the feed for the last two weeks. These might go longer than 8 weeks - will wait and see?

large.20220913_205824.jpglarge.20220913_205829.jpglarge.20220913_205842.jpg

Smashed it mate :headbang:

Really well done  :yep:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @badbillbob, I took the critical down at 8 weeks which was probably a week early. Easily as productive as the dinafem +2.0 version or better. Very easy to trim and hardly any larf, and dried quickly into very hard buds. A citrus smell and it is a pretty strong high which I find quickly turns into a couchlock buzz. I've cracked more seeds of it to see any variables in the strain. But I will be growing it for a while anyway and I've been searching for something similar to the old dinafem one for a while now. 

• Like 3

i found the same. i only did 3, but would do them again, for sure. i found them pretty similar to dinafems offering to be fair, maybe not quite as super potent, but memory plays tricks with me sometimes so maybe i just smoked more of the dina stuff. 

i was well impressed though with the seedstockers one, especially as it was a relatively low key operation at the time.

would have thought that @Seedstockers-Mark might know the origins of it, and if it came from the same breeders as dinas?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

would have thought that @Seedstockers-Mark might know the origins of it, and if it came from the same breeders as dinas?

I'm like 99% sure it ain't the same breeders as was used with Dinafem and equally as sure it's based on very, very similar cuts of Critical that was floating around Spain in the early 2009-11 era :yep:

It's an old strain but still a banger. Actually the Dinafem Critical +1 was the first Feminized strain I ever grew way back in 2005-6 so might give the SS one a bash at some point  :)

• Like 4