GELATO 41 AUTO

Seedstockers-Mark

large.gelato-41-autoflower.jpg

By far the best Gelato auto available right now is the Gelato 41 autoflower. Derived from the Girl Scout family, Gelato 41 was careful selected for THC/cannabinoid levels which are somewhat higher than those normally found in cookies. This is a selection for those that want a really powerful auto using no-nonsense fully proven genetics which will deliver XL yields in around 11 weeks of indoor growing. Preferred light cycle is 20 hours of daily light. Outdoors this auto will take an extra couple of weeks to finish. The sweet, fruity dessert flavors are best appreciated in a vaporizer. The high really is a powerful one, and many recommend saving Gelato 41 auto buds until later in the evening. Like all Seedstockers selections, this is proven to be easy to grow across a wide range of conditions with a bushy and highly productive results.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

currently growing this on 18/6, under 170W led in 12L pots - sadly they are only 7 inch tall at week 9 but hopefully will bulk out in the next few weeks, nice zesty lemon smell coming through now

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

You topped your autos?

I've only got to look at a auto wrong and it will dwarf on me lol

• Like 3

@Military Grade I know what you mean, it was a wee experiment to see if topping at different times or not at all, made a difference.

I topped 2 out of 3, one was untopped and only bent over - all turned out the same size unfortunately

@Shumroom cheers mate, see if Ive made any obvious mistakes.

• Like 4

@ShumroomI pretty much did it by the book but did have a set back early on with the pot not draining but they recovered well, flowered week 4 but got zero stretch.

I had my light at 18" during veg and dropped it gradually down to 11" when it started to flower.

Now dropped it to 10" , DLI at the canopy on photone is 43 at plant centres and 60 dead centre of tent

Light schedule was 18/6, granted not the recommended 20/4 but cant see it making a massive difference.

l have been looking at a few problems and it appears Im not watering enough - only on 1 litre every 2 days , apparently it should be nearer 2L

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

I'm wondering if maybe having the light so close to the plants maybe reduced their need to stretch more :g:

I've seen @Green Machine and others talking about how having too much light at certain stages of development can stunt plants :idea:

As I haven't grown autos since changing to LEDs,

I haven't gone into measuring the amount of light I'm giving my plants,

so I'm unsure about actual DLI numbers :)

I noticed that @mysticriver did a lst tutorial the other day, 

that might be worthwhile checking out. 

Keep up the good work 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 5

@Shumroom that is what I was beginning to suspect, hence asking do fellow growers keep the light high until stretch has finished.

• Like 3

Yup, I think he meant me, I had a read of your diary and I have a few ideas for you.

I will reply tomorrow afternoon though, got to head to bed now, got a doctors appt tomorrow morning.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

My last plant was lagging behind the other 2 by about 2 weeks but with the increase in light height and keeping DLI at 55 max, she grew fairly well in the time that was left.

That resulted in doubling the harvested dry weight of the others but took 3 weeks longer than 70 days quoted.

I think Ive cracked my new lighting issues now so the plants should yeild more in the future . time will tell !

• Like 2