cheap net foil greenhouses vs poly ones, uv question

moonharvester

If I will use the thicker polycarbonate or that frosted uv foil, that is sometimes used on windows, with highest light permeability, would plants get enough of light spectrum like uv or will they produce significantly more trichomes under clear glass?

Also does anyone have experience with those green and white net like foil greenhouses that are put on metal construction? Im not sure how it handle winds but they suggest to bury edges with soil. I hope there is better solution than that. I was looking at the netted foil ones stealth wise not price wise.

thanks for the help

Personally I'd go with either toughened glass or horticultural glass , we recommend polycarb at work when selling greenhouses but that's more for the fact it's the best all round option for general gardening (plus it's the most resilient)

If I was growing outdoors under cover it'd be glass for me because if its too hot/bright you can whack up a bit of shade cloth whereas polycarb diffuses more light and heat initially.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 8:45 AM, BilgePump said:

Personally I'd go with either toughened glass or horticultural glass , we recommend polycarb at work when selling greenhouses but that's more for the fact it's the best all round option for general gardening (plus it's the most resilient)

If I was growing outdoors under cover it'd be glass for me because if its too hot/bright you can whack up a bit of shade cloth whereas polycarb diffuses more light and heat initially.

I remember reading this about polycarb, but I was thinking its a good think.

So when it diffuses the sun rays it basically also balance them off the greenhouse? so the plants are getting noticable less light that  they can use?

What about using lime wash as a shield and stealth. Do you think that frosted foil on glass greenhouse would be a better option or do you think it would also diffuse the light?