how much Spinosad to use?

dan6

Hi

I found some thrip damage on a leaf and need to spray asap....

I have a small bottle of Spinosad but not sure how much to use in a litre of water..... anyone have any idea?

Theres no instructions or label - just a bottle of spinosad.

Thanks for any help

Dan

large.IMG_2241.JPG

I personally wouldn’t use it, tried it on thrips before and didn’t fully get rid of them although mine was diluted with other stuff. Get some predator mites honestly they’ll make short work of thrips. I use dragonfli site to get mine, I’d recommend getting some lose predators then a few of the slow release sachets, probably set you back 20/30 quid  

• Like 1

how long does spinosad last till it goes off? i have a liter of the stuff from a few years back.

Just a note incase you do use predator mite, don't use the spinosad as i'd imagine it'd kill the predator mites

Hi @dan6 I don't know anything about Spinosad, but I had a right thrip attack on my last grow. Nematodes and sticky traps worked a treat. I did post a pic a while back showing a thrip being eaten (love it). And finally, after chop, the tent and grow room got a smoke bomb for good measure.

Onwards and upwards ...

atb

I have no idea of the dilution rate so not much help really but I can fully recommend it for killing thrips. I have a bottle of the “dead bug brew” from the states and it got rid of my heavy thrip infestation no problem after just 2 applications :yep: 

• Like 4

Hi. Thanks for the replies. I found out that my bottle contains Fargro Conserve Spinosad Insecticide and I need 0.75ml of it per litre of water. I just sprayed and am keeping fingers firmly crossed.

Thanks again

Dan

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Odo said:

@dan6 you dude I just got hit with some thrips. Also ordered some spinosad. How did it hold up? Thrips dead?

Yeah it's excellent stuff. Worked a treat

Spray twice a few days apart

Good luck