Air pump in or outside the tent?

Rural Buddha

Is there a preference to have the air pump outside the tent for heat, air quality or any other reasons?

Sound could be an issue, but the Hailea 9730 is supposedly very quiet anyway.

As cool a place as you can find to help reduce the heat it will create in the air, and result in cooler liquid temps.

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 2

Outside then your not pulling tent air into your tank its the fresher outside tent air you want 

The 9730 is probably the quietest pump I have used compared to my old V20 it's silent and x3 volume it's a winner in my book 

• Like 1

yes, outside, and higher than the buckets the stones are going into.

i sit mine on a cheaap ikea foldup stool. this will stop it going tits up if it ever back syphons, which has happened to me in the past.

dont fit non return valves to the airlines either, its just more for the pump to force air past. if the pump is higher it will be fine.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, excellent explanations why. I had assumed it would be better if the pump is placed outside, now I know for sure :)

Raising the pump to do away with the need for check valves, and their hit on pump performance, bloody brilliant advice @badbillybob - thank you.

• Like 1