Few pointers

Dogsdogsdogs

Just now, Newcouch said:

Cheers Oldbear and fatbooy for passing it on.

Those ratios do look mental- is that normal? I am on chalk.

Trouble with Canna mono mag is that is have a 25kg bag of epsom salts sitting in the shed!! Do oyu possibly have the numbers for epsom salts pls?

All the best

Newcouch

Unfortunately it is far less exact using Epsom. I tried it but ultimately I use mono for simplicity and accuracy. Epsom make great soaks for tired muscles so not wasted :)

• Like 4

@Oldbear picking up some useful info here. Just looked online and my water report shows

Hardness Information: Total Hardness level of 89 mg/l Ca. Where do I find out my ratio? The report doesn't mention magnesium. 

i run coco using just canna  A+B + a tad of PK 14/15...... back years ago i ran NFT for several yrs i never needed cal/mag though it wernt out then lol now then my water E.C backround from the tap is 0.1 soft as it gets i dont need CAL/MAG  :yep:  ive been growing dope for 35 years now + ive never ever used CAL / MAG.... in my career :skin_up: tbh when i started we were lucky to get a decent fert at all god bless chem pak lol  i will here make a statement :yes:  cal / mag is simply not needed if your dope is getting a fully ballanced diet + a bit of TLC.... a beedy eye helps to :toot:   

my plants not sick its had A+B only from the off + i broke a golden rule to,i didnt pot up i wen

t straight into 11 litres of fun............ lol

large.20211005_172723_copy_900x2000.jpg

the pic was 24 hrs ago its grown a tad since........ god bless uncle dewi. :magic:    ooops btw get a mag glass to. lol

Edited by thekingofobsolete
mag glass bit

8 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

@Oldbear picking up some useful info here. Just looked online and my water report shows

Hardness Information: Total Hardness level of 89 mg/l Ca. Where do I find out my ratio? The report doesn't mention magnesium. 

On the website the water quality report usually lists all measurable content in mg/L, each supplier does it differently unfortunately 

11 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

On the website the water quality report usually lists all measurable content in mg/L, each supplier does it differently unfortunately 

guess I can always send some off to GA for an analysis

@Oldbear and @Geo

i discovered this little snippet on another thread (thanks geo)

1.9g per 10L will give you 21.6ppm of Mg.

So i have 98 ml/l = 98 ppm Ca and 2.8 ppm Mg and i need a ratio  of 2.5;1 to 3:1  or about 27ppm Mg

So just 2.6g in 10L of epsom salts.  I am doing these calcs in my head and am an engineer, not a mathematician. I cant measure this accurately anyhow.

I will do my normal water stuff for ph and base ec, then add the epsom, then add bloom to ec 1.

I think.

the plants arent actually showing a deficiency, but can thurt, right?

Cheers

Newc

• Like 1

so, after all those calcs, i just made up my normal bacth and threw in a pinch of epsom salts.

BUT; they up your tds pretty damned fast - i genuinely got a two finger and a thumb small pinch and it upped my tds by about 40ppm. since 5ml of chempack doe about 250, thats impressive.