UV "filters" on the war against rot.

Haze_smoker

I don't mess about with loads of additives just base nutes and h202.. I'm really tight and I don't believe you need them all to grow a bit of bud lol

• Like 2

you need to check out the difference between UV clarifiers (often wrongly advertised as UVC), and UV sterilisers. the clarifiers dont kill pathogens, they make the particles clump together (forgot the scientific term) after multiple passes through the UVA lamp.

These particles are then picked up by a filtration system (in ponds etc), so im not sure how effective it would be against rot. from what ive read its more for removing algae from the water

the UV sterilisers might be a better bet, but are 3-4 times the cost. best figure out which one would work for us, i only did some quick research yesterday.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, badbillybob said:

you need to check out the difference between UV clarifiers (often wrongly advertised as UVC), and UV sterilisers. the clarifiers dont kill pathogens, they make the particles clump together (forgot the scientific term) after multiple passes through the UVA lamp.

These particles are then picked up by a filtration system (in ponds etc), so im not sure how effective it would be against rot. from what ive read its more for removing algae from the water

the UV sterilisers might be a better bet, but are 3-4 times the cost. best figure out which one would work for us, i only did some quick research yesterday.

And after reading about ozone this looks like the one on paper it sounds great and no need for "uv balance" to go in.. it kills everything that's bad in the water and that the water touches so theoreticaly would nuke the rot even if it's on the roots that UV would not do by sounds of it.... I need to do some more digging into it tho as they range hugely in price to do with how much goes in per hour as I only had a quick look the other night.. and you don't have to faf about cleaning them or replaceing any bulbs.. 

More research needed.. IL report back when I find out a bit more.. 

Haze

• Like 2

Have a look at TMC V2 Ozone, its what they put in ponds etc, France uses ozone to sort out their tap water rather than chlorine aswel

• Like 1