Shit UK summer Sun

Guggsy

Just wondering if anyone is growing autos in a poly greenhouse. I started mine beginning of June outdoors, al was going good, until the weather turned shit, so then I brought a poly walk in greenhouse as the temps where starting to get a bit low. I am just a little concerned about the lack of sun we are getting. how will the lack of sun affect the grow. Is there anything I can do, apart from getting a indoor grow tent, as this is not feasible at the moment.

• Like 2

Less sun will just slow the growth. But we got and I quote "Heat Dome" lol  Coming next month so they should be able to catch up abit. Just make sure your temps at getting to low at night:yep:

Edited by Military Grade

Not autos no. But I have a photo-period plant braving the weather. Roughly 50degrees north. Midlands, UK. It's been outside since May. No poly-tunnel.

large.Exo_MOB_Spurt_28June2021.JPG

• Like 5

@Military Grade hopefully temps shouldn't get that low in the poly greenhouse, lowest outdoor temp is 10c at night next couple of night, but inside greenhouse should be a degree or 2 warmer, but then hopefully back up to 13c at night.  just lack of sun. 

• Like 1

Do you reckon it might be worth investing in a outdoor grow light, that i can hang in the greenhouse, overall size of green house is 1.5m x 1.5m and 2m high. got 7 plants growing in there. if so what do you recommend.

Just now, Guggsy said:

@Lux_Interior looking good matei i've never done photo's, only auto's. I like to grow for myself. I'd like to see the end result fully finished. 

Ran a couple of auto's a few grows ago (indoors). The cannabis produced was good but quantity was poor. I think there is a difference in technique between photos and autos. My neighbour grows good autos. He/She/They grow them in large (30l+) pots from very young plants (outside), started under an LED inside to get things going!

• Like 2

Just now, Guggsy said:

Do you reckon it might be worth investing in a outdoor grow light, that i can hang in the greenhouse, overall size of green house is 1.5m x 1.5m and 2m high. got 7 plants growing in there. if so what do you recommend.

Wouldn't a grow light in the greenhouse draw attention to your ... greenhouse?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

Wouldn't a grow light in the greenhouse draw attention to your ... greenhouse?

My greenhouse is in my garden, high fences and cannot be seen, so no worries there. it will be used during the day for substitute for the lack of sun. 

23 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

Ran a couple of auto's a few grows ago (indoors). The cannabis produced was good but quantity was poor. I think there is a difference in technique between photos and autos. My neighbour grows good autos. He/She/They grow them in large (30l+) pots from very young plants (outside), started under an LED inside to get things going!

I started three autos under a USB grow light. Not hugely powerful but was enough to get them going until it was warm enough for the greenhouse. While I did probably start too early it’s not done any harm with my Sour Diesel auto now close to 5 and a half feet tall and still not fully flowering. 

• Like 1

Just now, AutoAberdeen said:

I started three autos under a USB grow light. Not hugely powerful but was enough to get them going until it was warm enough for the greenhouse. While I did probably start too early it’s not done any harm with my Sour Diesel auto now close to 5 and a half feet tall and still not fully flowering. 

5 and a half foot tall. How big are your pots?

NB: I love Sour Diesel (NYC of old)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lux_Interior said:

5 and a half foot tall. How big are your pots?

NB: I love Sour Diesel (NYC of old)

I think they’re maybe 20 litre pots, not 100% sure, the seeds were planted in them from germination. 

I’ve not tried sour diesel before, was a freebie seed with an order from the spring, quite pleasing results so far but hoping it doesn’t get too much bigger before fully flowering. 

• Like 1

A 20 litre tub is a good size. I think diesels tend to be Sativa heavy so that might explain the height and prolonged flowering. But, I really don't know my autos ... yet!

• Like 1

@AutoAberdeen I have mine in 11 litre pots. I did think to go bigger, but I though that might be slight oversize. Luckily I started mine early June straight outdoors in there final grow pot from germination. I used to start them in jiffy grow pucks in the past, but I thought it was absolutely pointless.  I put bell type cloches into the pots and job done the seeds sprouted in about a week. Luckily we had a good amount of sun early June, before it all fell apart. I brought one of those cheap polythene greenhouses, and puut my plats in there, just enough room for 7 plants. 1.43m x 1.43m  by 2m high. So I figured the temps in the green house should be fine, but the lack of sun, i need to do something about, if i can hang probably 2 good grow lights, that should take care for the lack of sun. 

large.60d863bfbed0e_NorthernlightsShrunk3.jpglarge.60d863b8486ee_NorthernLightsShrunk2.jpglarge.60d863b08bdd0_Northernlightsshrunk1.jpglarge.60d863801c963_Skunk1Shrunk.jpglarge.60d86389e1260_skunk1shrunk2.jpglarge.60d8637157103_CashcropShrunk.jpglarge.60d8639606468_Skunk1Shrunk3.jpg

These pics are from a couple of days ago.

• Like 4