Growing disasters

BudJ

I haven't had a disaster so far in the 1 year I've been growing but I came fairly close on my first grow, when my brand new light failed within 3 weeks of using it and they were out of stock almost everywhere.  

I read a post somewhere, maybe on here, where a guy dropped his plant from a 4th storey balcony onto the ground and was asking if it would be ok :D

Got me wondering what other screw-ups have happened.  There must be some good stories out there.

• Like 2

Great thread @BudJ let's hope for some comedy gold...

My biggest disaster was leaving some lovely buds infront of extraction vent and sucking the life out of them and was left with dried fucked buds. Not quite 4th floor drop though. 

• Like 2

On my part nothing major, snapped branches, spilled fish mix everywhere.

I suppose the worst that could happen is cops or robbers come around, I'm not sure which one is worse?

I moved house during a grow a few times, the first time it was a little grow and it all fitted in the wifes car, the next time it was bigger and we had to hire a van. The van was full of vegging plants. The moving van absolutely reeked of weed and we left the roller door open on the u-haul truck, when we returned it the guy just smiled and said don't worry it happens all the time, I'll leave the door open for a day or two and it will be fine.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

spilled fish mix everywhere

Presumably you burned the entire building to the ground and rebuilt from scratch?

• Like 6

Just now, ratdog said:

i got busted once, that was a disaster at the time

The mother of all disasters!  I was hoping for something more light hearted to be honest, like fed them bleach by mistake or fell into the tent while baked....  

I snapped the main stems on both plants on my first grow with over-zealous training, which I thought was a disaster at the time but made no difference. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BudJ said:

I was hoping for something more light hearted to be honest, like fed them bleach by mistake or fell into the tent while baked....  

sorry to disappoint lol

anything else is just a set back imo ;)

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

spilled fish mix everywhere.

A few drops I couldn't work out where I'd spilled it exactly, literally ruined my life for weeks. It wasn't just the smell, but the weeks of shit I took for it.

The previous suggestion to burn it all to the ground (but leave, and start again)... I second. It's the only way.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 7

• 1 year later...

Miracle gro moisture control granules.

That's all yer getting, suffice to say it was an almighty cockup of the highest order back when I started out (thought I was being clever didn't I).

:yinyang:

My first drobe grow I went to water the pots one evening and a million maggots came to the surface, which was quite a shock :shock:

My speciality is dropping the light and reflector on the canopy tho 

I've snapped a few top colas doing that but not managed to pop the bulb yet tho fortunately lol

Used to use caravans as grow rooms nft grows with metal frames twice after doing nutrient changes forgot to put the timer switch to timed back on lol . Week 7 came back into that room next night to check ph etc looked as if had been robbed scrog there but no buds and door locked instantly rung my grow partner thinking he robbed it 24 hours without feed they folded buds fell into the canopy so couldn’t see em mate still jokes about it and me thinking he robbed it.

Edited by Devon Cream

lots lol, my malting German shepherd somehow opened the door to the room all my buds were hanging drying in (had a old door knob no idea how she managed it), decided to rub herself against the entire crop, heavily furring the lot, write off, she had been around a lot of grows obviously got a liking for it, she used to break into my veg cupboard & carefully nibble the very tips of the leaves off specific plants, diarrhoea over a bunch of seedlings another time - obviously weren't up to her standard lol was a tiny cupboard she was a huge dog must of literally backed in there and aimed. closest to a actual disaster I'd spent a few days converting this room into a grow before the days of tents, boarded over the windows, painted, put up chains to hang the lights etc, had it all set up just had to rush through and fill the nft trays and hang the lights, got it all finished and planted out, flipped the switchs and checked everything was working and went home to bed. came back a few days later and to my horror one of the 4 screws/plugs that were holding the light chains up had popped out the wall fully dropping 2 lights and part dropping the others, 1 light landed on some plants in soil just melted the pots, the other landed on a nft 901 and severely melted down to the water level, the lights, pumps and everything else were still running. lucky not to burn the place down I hang my head in shame. had a flood another time but wasn't to bad after a few weeks with a dehumidifier, put me off mushroom soup for life. 

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

13/14

Garage light in wardrobe

Fire service

Mother proceeds to tell anybody(old teachers from primary schools etc) 'oh *****'s into horticulture of the exotic kind'

Dead, joined uk420:rofl:

loads and loads, some funny some devastating some I hope I never have to go through or think about again lol 

onces, ages ago, a dripper I had made malfunctioned when the 6mm anti-syphon line, tie wrapped to the 16mm feed line, had wiggled its way free when the pipe jumped from the surge of water when the pump kicked in, from its bindings over a period of weeks until on one faithful day it had wiggled completely loose and was firing solution over the edge of the tank - which whilst annoying wouldn't have been the end of the world considering I'd lined the floors with sheeting, except the pipe was firing the solution over the edge of the tank, onto the wall, and straight down the back of the sheeting. 

I was stood at the back door having a spliff at the time and heard trickling, it was running down the wall and onto the curtain rail holder and pissing onto the floor in an arch from more-or-less ceiling height lol 

moving house couple of weeks to end of flowering :smokin: 

8 sensi maple 6ft plants stuffed/filled into me van in the middle of the night in pots all standing up proud, drove through the night ..on to ferry! lol 

it was a people carrier type van with shit black out window tape, I sware you could see the plants every time a braked or car lights shined on the van, couldn’t get any more cheech & chong if i tried lol 

• Like 5