How much wind ?

gone fishing

My 4 ladies are 6 weeks old and looking healthy.......been in the conservatory most of the time with a ceiling fan moving the air around.......but if the sun is shining I take them outside. Even with a light breeze, they get blown about a bit....I guess in the wild this is par for the course

but I do get a bit concerned about the constant movement....if it gets too windy I apologise and bring them in :) Does this sound right ?

What  do others do ......when moving sheltered plants outdoors ...even for short periods ?

gone fishing

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gone fishing said:

My 4 ladies are 6 weeks old and looking healthy.......been in the conservatory most of the time with a ceiling fan moving the air around.......but if the sun is shining I take them outside. Even with a light breeze, they get blown about a bit....I guess in the wild this is par for the course

but I do get a bit concerned about the constant movement....if it gets too windy I apologise and bring them in :) Does this sound right ?

What  do others do ......when moving sheltered plants outdoors ...even for short periods ?

gone fishing

It depends upon my humor.

Some times, a lot of the time, I'm really gentle and coaxing them as if they're tiny people.

Other days I'm just like 'get  on with it, can't hold your hands forever'

Last Summer I got emotionally involved with several... it gets more intense as they get older.. the LURVE! 

I didn't want to chop them, wanted to clone them all even though their cloning times had gone, they were autos..

I must try finding a middle ground between the cruelty and the symbiosis...

Keep us posted.

You have a better chance than I at this stage of the seedling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kittythemonkey said:

It depends upon my humor.

Some times, a lot of the time, I'm really gentle and coaxing them as if they're tiny people.

Other days I'm just like 'get  on with it, can't hold your hands forever'

Last Summer I got emotionally involved with several... it gets more intense as they get older.. the LURVE! 

I didn't want to chop them, wanted to clone them all even though their cloning times had gone, they were autos..

I must try finding a middle ground between the cruelty and the symbiosis...

Keep us posted.

You have a better chance than I at this stage of the seedling.

Sounds a bit over sensitive.....But I do refer to them as my girls....but they don't have individual names :).......but the journey from that little seed to what is now ( so far ) a healthy bunch of plants is quite amazing.  I even found myself pondering the other day if they would like some music. But couldn't make my mind up if it would be the Beatles or Ben Koda.

So they carry on in silence.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 10:43 AM, gone fishing said:

Sounds a bit over sensitive.....But I do refer to them as my girls....but they don't have individual names :).......but the journey from that little seed to what is now ( so far ) a healthy bunch of plants is quite amazing.  I even found myself pondering the other day if they would like some music. But couldn't make my mind up if it would be the Beatles or Ben Koda.

So they carry on in silence.

Sure, go for it, they'd adore it. 

Mine are at the Metallica Black Album stage, do or die, it's pissing outside, I wasn't expecting it and watered them earlier, with carbonated water!!

I just put the sad flowering dwarves under a leaking roof of an open building, the babies are having the shower of their lives...

mebbe I'll pop a few more...

• Like 1