Nutrients help

brumbuds

Hi All,

Growing in coco and i currently only use 

Canna a + b

Vitalink root stim 

This is all i do in Veg then in flower i add Shogun Boost and instead of PK last time i used bloombastic for last 4 weeks and it went ok.

I have never used rhizotonic or cannazym or anything else. is this wrong?

Is there anything i should be using that will increase quality or yield 

Thanks

Hi @brumbuds :skin_up:

If you're growing in coco,

it's good idea to get/use an EC measuring device(like a Blulab truncheon).

This will allow you to make up accurate strength feeds and can be used to diagnose problems by testing runoff.

Your tap water is very important,

ideally it should be around 0.4 EC with a 3:1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium.

If it's not then that's where you need to consider the use of R/O water or Ca and Mg products to get in the right area,

to then start adding the other components .

Do you know what your water quality is like?

Atb

:yinyang:

I've used just Canna a + b for a few years now, I used to use all the additives but slowly cut them out without noticing any drop in yield or quality of bud. I add calmag as well if the plants need it.

• Like 1

Defo invest in an EC reader, ive always used canna and all their additives. Calmag first to get the water right then whatever the chart recommends depending where i am in the growing stage... I dont see the point using their A and B then adding a different additive. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot sorry for delayed reply I forgot my log in ect .

I live in Birmingham so we have soft water I’ve always been told I don’t need to do anything to the water but maybe I should have done my own research I have a bluelab to test EC levels I build up to 2.0 then back down to around 1.4 for last 2 weeks then full flush.

Just now, brumbuds said:

Thanks a lot sorry for delayed reply I forgot my log in ect .

I live in Birmingham so we have soft water I’ve always been told I don’t need to do anything to the water but maybe I should have done my own research I have a bluelab to test EC levels I build up to 2.0 then back down to around 1.4 for last 2 weeks then full flush.

EC 2.0 sounds a bit high, keep a look out for nutrient burn.

I always say silica is my favourite add on.

I wont grow without it in coco or Rockwool.

Really helps with plant health up to week 3 of flower

It always strikes me as odd when nutrient brands recommend numerous additives. Why are their base products so lacking that they need supplementation? I guess if you take stuff out of the base product then charge customers to add it back in it makes good business sense. I’ve tried Canna A+B with some PK supplementation in flower, which worked well for me. Same with Shogun, but more costly. Now I just use Hydrocrop’s HydroSol nutes - they recommend to not use any supplementation (though I do sometimes add silicon) - with consistently good results.  Sal

Edited by greengal