Aeroponic setup and UPS

NathanW

Good evening all,

I am looking for a decent aeroponic system and an uninterruptable power supply (APC style).  Could anyone advise?

• Like 1

Although I know little other than soil I too am interested in either building or buying a aeroponics system. But not just for seedlings. For mature plants also.

Subs

Geo on here has built his own system, if you want to have a search. 

his is a proper high pressure system and worth a look

• 6 months later...
On 20/06/2021 at 7:14 PM, NathanW said:

Good evening all,

I am looking for a decent aeroponic system and an uninterruptable power supply (APC style).  Could anyone advise?

RDWC for me here so not much use on the aero side of things but the UPS has piqued my interest.

I have just built a full "Off Grid" system using a 20kw power wall, 8kw inverter and a diesel standby genny... Yeah, I see the gasps of "How Much???!!!" and you are right its a big spend but if you spread the cost over 10 years... Manufacturers warranty on battery performance with at least 2 grows per year it looks a lot cheaper although initial outlay is huge. However this could be considerably reduced by building your own Battery Bank / Powerwall and there are tons of resources out there to help you in that respect, a quick search on facebook for DIY Powerwall will get you started. I didnt have the time or the inclination to go that route so shop bought everything.

I was lucky enough to already have the Genny but the rest is about 7K.....:(

That said my daily KW usage is approx 18 with LED lighting, fans, pumps, etc and the genny only has to run for 2.5 hours per day to keep batteries topped up enough to cope with load. Genny coupled to Inverter with auto start facility and timed to only run day time so as not to upset the neighbours!

The joke of it is that given the current price of power, which is likely to increase more next year, it is cheaper to make and store my own power than take from the grid with the added advantage of leaving no footprint on the domestic power supply.

If anyone wants any further info / details send me a DM and happy to discuss the system.

• Like 1