How many holes?

Gaijin

If I'm going to have two tents, with exhaust ducting obviously coming from each; do I need two holes in my ceiling, or is it ok to use one of those rigid "Y" doohickies, and run both ducts out of the same ceiling hole? I can't imagine there'd be much in the way of interference between the two exhausts, if any at all? But then I have been wrong before. Oh so very wrong lol 

With a sneaky little edit, this has just occurred to me: planning on using the phonic trap ducting. If I did run the two ducts into a pressed metal "Y", would the difference in material actually create noise when the air goes from the ducting into the "Y"? Am I overthinking this? In all likelihood, yes lol 

Happy Fathers Day to those of you that qualify :) 

Edited by Gaijin
eta the stuff I forgot to type the first time around

Just use 1 bigger tent, then you only need one extractor and you'll get overlap from the lights.

If you do go 2 into a Y piece then I'd make the Y piece bigger than the exhausts and use some reducers to connect it. e.g 8inch Y with 8 to 6 inch reducers. 

• Like 1

If you do they both need to be the same length and power before the Y piece, otherwise there be issues of pressure being different etc .:oldtoker:

• Like 2

@KC That's probably the best way to go, I agree. But I was kind of planning on having a quick turnaround auto tent and scrog 2 to 4 photos in the other. I guess it would simplify things to just have one big tent. I'll have to think about this. Thanks mate

@Arthur Mix as soon as I read your reply I remembered this from high school lol Very good point. Any difference in how much air each fan is trying to move, and there'd be chaos at the Y lol Might end up extracting from one tent and forcing it into the other one. Thanks for mentioning that mate, rather important 

Or I guess I could cut two holes in the ceiling after all. I have thinking to do, now lol 

• Like 2