Difference Biocanna Vega and Flores?

Chamalla

Hi. I'm currently running a very scaled down perpetual grow, in hidden-away propagator tents with small plants in 1L air pots. I use an amended coco-based medium, and in addition I fertigate with Biocanna nutrients at quarter to half strength, mainly to prevent deficiencies.

My plants root from clone, get a couple weeks of veg to grow a root system, then are cut back to a single shoot a few days before flower to grow a single footlong cola. This is working nicely so far, despite all the constraints (0.5m2 flower space, 2ft tent height etc.) of my setup I still get ~1g/watt and about twice as much bud as I need.

In order to save on inputs I would like to find out exactly what the difference is between the Vega and the Flores bottles, is it only the (minimal) difference in NPK? Vega bottle says 2-1-5, and Flores bottle says 2-2-5. They both contain 2% sulphur as well. Is that it, i.e. are they the same otherwise, or is there more to their respective composition that is specific to veg and flower?

Because if that's the only difference, I'll stop bothering with the Vega and just use Flores for the additional fertigation when the Vega bottle is done.

Cheers!

Edited by Chamalla
Weird sentence structure
  • Like 1

I'm running Canna Flores and Terra; but I can't help with an answer. Actually, i've not thought about ever looking at the difference. I always assumed there's more than NPK to think about - so the macro constituents are important but not listed perhaps?

Good work on your grow - I've been thinking about something similar as i have about the same space as you do!

• Like 2

They cost the same so it's not like you'll save any money. I've never tried vegging with flores I'll admit but I assume the nurtrient company know what they're doing :)

• Like 1

It's not necessarily the cost to save on, but the work, because of different nutrient mixes. But you're probably right and I'm just lazy. =)

• Like 1

Don't look into hydro then, I've seen some people using about 6 or 7 bottles.

I love Canna nutes just because of the squeezy bottle, you can't much easier :) 

• Like 1

I've tried hydro, I didn't like it. Except for the speedy growth, and I have pretty much the same effect by fertigating my mainly coco mix daily.

• Like 1

Slight caveat for me; I forgot that I switched to they Canna Hydro Terra/Flores. I am using the rest of my Canna Bio for the houseplants and they are loving it so far!

I switched because I was supposed to be handing my plants off to another flower room and I was matching their feed regime on  a ramp. They had a few issues with Bio Canna that were solved by moving to the hydro. I"m going to try moving back to Bio next grow.

Have you come across "The Lucas Formula"?

Different nutes but the same idea as you are thinking about.

The formula skips the grow nutes to avoid excessive nitrogen levels.

The formula is for use with General Hydroponics nutes in hydro including coco.

Have a look. It might give you some ideas.

Hi. Unless they've changed the formula the veg is 3-1-5. 

I found the flores to be far too low in N to sustain green leaves and had best results running the veg until week 4 or later (you could also run a bit of both for most of flowering for the same effect. Don't be afraid to feed quite strong, think I hit 5ml/l a few times, mostly trying to stop leaves yellowing lol - If they start yellowing while on the flores alone you'll struggle to stop it progressing). Also if you look at the micros they are quite different as Keye suggested. I think the veg has betaine which should be a faster acting source of N, and the Flores has a canna boost type of of component which may or may not have an effect in flowering..

It works out more expensive than other lines and I never got the best yields with it, but the finished quality was excellent.

• Like 1

@uBercaMeL This is what my friend said and I am seeing this lack of N in my Hydro Flores, too, I think. I was going to put some Grow feed in to the mix with the Flores.

• Like 2