Am I there yet

Bad-Eend

Am I ready to harvest?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HI

#

Today I noticed some increase in brown pistils, Pictures below

I am growing soil and atm they are only getting water with Mollasses

Is now the time to kill the lights for 48h (and I presume no water?)

Or am I to impatient

large.20210613_185230.jpglarge.20210613_185217.jpglarge.20210613_185154.jpglarge.20210613_185206.jpg

Have to agree, @Bad-Eendplenty of activity going on there.

I’ve been watching mine carefully for weeks, hoping for some leaf or bud colouration.  It’s been 80 days since flipping and very little has apparently happened to my buds in the last month, my trichomes are still sparkling clear but new pistil production is on the wane.  If I still had fresh pistil clusters like yours, I’d expect two, three weeks, minimum.

I’ve decided to chop any day now as they’re no longer getting fatter or longer and few new pistils appearing.  I’ve always believed that the trichomes had to change and that was the definitive indicator, above all else.  

Every bloody day, I hope for a hint of cloud or colour and that would ease my anxiety about chopping too soon.

My only previous grow threw up a riot of colour and amber trichomes but, presumably, some folk must be harvesting with clear trichs, when other indicators suggest there’s nothing to be gained from further time.

• Like 2

As above mate. 

Those pics look about 2 weeks behind my plants and I'm 2.5-3 weeks away from harvest. 

E2a I'd probly reintroduce some feed for a couple of weeks too if they were mine. 

Edited by Loftgrower
  • Like 2

Arse about face, as usual, I’ve posted about something before researching it (although in this case, I think it’s pretty clear it’s way too soon to harvest).

The Rough Guide To Harvesting And Curing basically addresses this sort of thing and goes into some depth about trichome colours and pistil production.  As you might expect, on this site.

Mine’s an indica (by appearance), so could need another few weeks to finish but I’m guided by the pistils.  If it’s a little early, fine - I’d sooner have the balance towards the THC end of the spectrum.

• Like 1

Thank You all

@Alys , @Loftgrower@Greenmachine

@Owderb

Not going to contradict you as I am the n00b, but calculating what it said on the strain seed to harvest... I am 1 week off

That combined with a video where they claim 10% brown pistils curling in and another one where they statedthat hightes THC levels were when white pistils (cant find the damn link back) 

@Noopin@Brysee

mine are AK47 Auto  --- though they should be redubbed semi-auto IF it turns out they need that full extra 3 weeks ;)

So Back to feeding and will be sticking to your advice

I'll see where we are in another 2 ;)

Edited by Bad-Eend
  • Like 1

Yes mate you come this far let them do there thing

Nothing worse in my opinion than weed chopped to early 

It's like having to much coffee 

Wired out not good

@Brysee, @Alys

These girls stuck their head above the ground on the 14th of APRIL.... That means I am on 92 Days

and...

Is it common for Auto's to go over?

Edited by Owderb
Link removed

Just now, Brysee said:

Yes it is very common 

Thanks for that... I am very much a number person....So for me the "stated time" is a huge thing.
I will post an update in 2 weeks or so 

Thanks you all, really appreciate the advice i got

• Like 1

My advice for what it's worth mate is not to read the packets 

You will soon learn what your plants need 

I have grown autos in a tent and been finished I  70 days

Same autos in my greenhouse 120 days

You will soon work it out mate good luck with them

• Like 2

The "stated time" fae the breeders blurb is never ever accurate ime 

Generally add a week or two on top o what the packet says or go by "they ready when they ready" :yep:

• Like 5