Help needed with CBD paste

9 hours ago, Saddam said:

Quality research, bro. 

lol Where are you getting this information bollocks? 

This is all new to me, mate!

Thanks to @Degsy for duckduck as it gave me more info. Yes, I do not understand a lot hence I m asking for help. 

If you know how to make cannabis paste at home please share. 

NOW I understood that CBD paste in title is wrong but we are all learning :-) 

When I start search cannabis paste I stumbled across site (can`t link it here) saying 
Our paste is made using supercritical CO2 extraction method that preserves a wide spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes in raw extract.   
Two words caught me paste and co2. Started to dig deeper... search about CO2 extraction then searched equipment and came across few chinese web sites and few american with prices over 100K .... 

Edited by Canna Denfour20

11 minutes ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

Looks like rosin might work 

:yep: Pressing is probably the safest way for you to extract, and safer for the patient as there aren't any solvents which require purging from the product. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

Thanks @Whatwentwrong . Looks like rosin might work 

No sweat mate, all the ways mention extract the oil and give a similar end product. You then just need to mix it with a liquidiser. 

There are a ton of videos about on how to do them all. Just fyi

Qwiso = quick wash isopropyl 

Qwet = qwick was ethanol 

BHO = butane honey oil

Rosin = the stuff you get when you press a cured bud

Live rosin = the stuff you get when you press fresh bud (it's not clear like when you press a cured bud, looks more like a paste). 

The initial spend on the press is the only downside of the rosin option. Google "making rosin in a press" and you'll get a load of videos showing the stuff oozing out and looking tasty as hell. After you buy it though, it's easier, safer and gives a cleaner end product as you haven't had to use any chemicals to dissolve the oil into and then evaporate away. You really need a table top vacuum drying machine to purge the chemicals so you may as well just buy the press as it's a similar price to a dryer but has so many less parts to the process. 

Heat it, squeeze it, smoke it. It'll just smell whilst you make it so maybe do it in the tent. 

Also, no one has mentioned strains. I noticed you titled the thread cbd paste but then said the product is 18%thc. I though it odd as you can buy cbd oil easily and cheaply so you wouldn't be here asking for help with that. 

So, exactly what end product are you trying to make. What percentage thc vs cbd does it contain. If its for cancer have you heard of cbg. 

I'd recommend growing a one to one strain like seed man's cream and cheese as that is about 18% thc and cbd. Then the is a strain called cbg lemon on a site called big bear seeds. 

I'd grow both and mix the rosin together to get something that would be balance in thc and cbd but has enhanced cbg in it for a cancer patient. Cbc and cbg are tumor reducing cannabinoids. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Heat it, squeeze it,  vape it, or make edibles or suppositories. 

Good post, although I made a little edit, I certainly wouldn't advise any cancer patients to smoke meds. :)  

• Like 1

Just now, Saddam said:

Good post, although I made a little edit, I certainly wouldn't advise any cancer patients to smoke meds. :)  

Lol, thanks, there are many things one can do with one's end product. Smoking is just one. 

I've linked an instructional video to assist in the choice. 

https://youtu.be/3P8ZcOVeOAc

Great info, lads!
Really appreciate it! 
THANKS A LOT!
Will move to new home in august and will start my grow as atm paying 400 quid for the paste BUT it is working miracles. She stopped chemo on stage 4. Doctor said carry on with what you doing . Didn`t know that some NHS docs really accept cannabis benefits. Tried to enrol her to project twenty 21 project but she was refused due the severe condition. Pity she could make a good example !!! 

3 hours ago, Saddam said:

:yep: Pressing is probably the safest way for you to extract, and safer for the patient as there aren't any solvents which require purging from the product. 

What press would you recommend? Money not a problem, need buy top notch! Nugsmasher XP Rosin Press ???

Edited by Canna Denfour20

I wouldn't buy one, they're massively overpriced considering it's just a hydraulic bearing press, a control unit, and some heaters in metal plates.   Have a look at @Arthur Mix DIY project. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saddam said:

I wouldn't buy one, they're massively overpriced considering it's just a hydraulic bearing press, a control unit, and some heaters in metal plates.   Have a look at @Arthur Mix DIY project. 

Thanks! Will do! 

1 hour ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

paying lots of money for the paste BUT it is working miracles.

It won't be CBD oil if you're paying that much. :no:   If it's >18% THC oil she's taking then that's what you need to make.  

As I said before, THC kills cancer cells. CBD doesn't but it has a sedative effect, which can take the racey edge off the THC and can allow the patient to relax, sleep, and recover.  

What would give the op the best return in least time frame as sounds like it was needed yesterday(asap)

4 hours ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

Thanks! Will do! 

Check out alibaba for a cheap full unit. They have every type and they are far cheaper. You can even find kits with everything the type described has. The frame, heater, plates and hydraulic press but have a good look around on there. Some of the table top ones are incredible. 

Nugsmasher units are OK but there is so much better. When you have enough posts send me a dm and I'll send you some links. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong