Would you harvest now?

OneMorePuff

Psychosis BX2 from KGbeans, 9 week flower time stated, but I'm coming up to the end of week 8 (day 54).  Two of the plants look like they'll be done around the end of week 9 as I'd expect, one of them looks closer than that, and the there's this one - 

large.60b8166d85446_20210602_232817q.jpglarge.60b81557bd424_20210602_232804q.jpglarge.WIN_20210601_19_46_06_Pro.jpglarge.WIN_20210602_23_27_51_Pro.jpg

She's quite different to the other Pyscho BX2 plants in the tent.  A Ugorg blues male was used to get this Pyscho breeding project going, and this one seems to be a blues leaning pheno, both in smell and bud structure.  I've seen the calyxes swell in the last few days and very few new white hairs being pushed out.

Normally I'd give her another week to be sure, but the jars are empty and I'm buying weed again for the first time in a couple of years.  It's not properly dried, poorly trimmed, and doing my head in that I'm paying over the odds for it.

Would you chop her, or hold off for another week or so? 

Come on people - tell me it's ok to throw her in the dark!

lol

• Like 2

I always get to where I want and then wait at least another couple weeks lol and I find its most times to early.

but hey....  try taking it at stages to find out what you like as it goes ...:) one bud cut now will be smokable in two weeks  :)

and after ya cut one off you;ll see how it shrinks. or not..

In the position your in i would take atleast some off it to save the buying unknowns, but otherwise maybe a week or so to finnish swelling up etc.

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 1

The fact you're buying means you're not one to go without. I'd certainly not be buying any. 

:rockon:

Edited by KC
Predictive
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KC said:

The fact you're buying means you're not one to go without. I'd certainly not be buying any. 

:rockon:

Yeah... I smoke a lot, probably 2-3 oz a month.  I'm a songwriter, I work from home and smoke while I'm working, and my work quality actually suffers when I run out of weed, so I do get through a lot if it.  

The smart thing to do would be to take a little tolerance break and truly enjoy the fruits of my harvest when they're ready.  I'm not going to do that though lol.

I've lopped off a cheeky bud to dry out, but I'm just gonna let her ride with the rest of them for another week or two and put up with the street weed for a few more weeks.  It's actually not bad quality, packs a decent enough punch with a dank flavour.  I live in a decent area for it luckily, I'm just a fussy cunt now that I've been growing for a bit lol

• Like 2

Tell me about it. My mates used to bring weed around from the dark Web, really top money. Most of it was shit imo. 

I'm a bit fussy too :schmoll:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How’d it end up, @OneMorePuff - was there a noticeable difference between the plants or between the early cut bud and the finished harvest? 

I notice the trichomes appear clear in your pics, did they stay that way, or colour a little?

@Noopin I waited another 5 days -

There were still a few clear trichomes but also a lot of amber all over, so I was happy to let her come down.  I had always assumed I liked a couch lock as I'm a cheese lover, but as I've been growing I've noticed that I do tend to prefer the smoke when there's just few ambers, rather than letting them run and run.  I think it's also because I'm just as much into the flavour/smell as I am the effects, and IME they always seem to hit a smell 'peak' where the terpenes are just SO strong just as the first few ambers start appearing, maybe 2 weeks before typical harvest, and from then on the power of the smell always seems to steadily decline, not loads, but I do notice it every time nonetheless.  She was definitely an early finisher compared to the others (one is still chugging along) - you can check that grow diary to see the other two that have been chopped.

No smoke report yet as she's only been drying for about 5 days, already a bit crispy thanks to this damn hot weather, but the stems aren't snapping yet so I'll probably give her another day or two to hang, then a rough trim and into a paper bag scrunched shut with a hygrometer until I see it's in the right range, and then do a proper trim and into the jars.

• Like 1

Must be a great feeling to be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor, even if theyre not fully dry and cured yet.
How are the others looking?
All come down too?

@Thai Stick Yes indeed :) Hung for about 8 days in the end (would've liked it to be more, but the heatwave here sped up the drying unfortunately) and she's in the jar now and still smells wonderful, very dank and very fruity.  A pitiful yield (I don't weigh, but I'd say maybe an oz after trimming) but that was my fault for rushing them to flip.  I've had a cheeky tester joint and I'm very happy.  Really reminds me of proper blues to be honest, and that's no bad thing.  Glad I've got a mother cut.

Two of the others have come down, and the last one is about to come down any day now at 10 weeks.  The last one is barely dragging herself over the finish line, poor girl.  To be fair, she's very similar to one of the others (same phenotype) but just not as strong smelling and fussier to grow, so I don't think she'll be the keeper anyway.

• Like 1