The birds

KC

Anyone ever found a bird n their growroom? I could hear some tweety noises when I got up. Just went to water the plants and it seems I have a little friend. Or I did a minute a ago, I can't find the fucker now lol 

I think it's a Finch or something, maybe a tit, I'm not very good with birds. I hope he fucks off on his own, how do you catch a bird? lol 

Poor fella 

• Like 2

The only birds I seen  in a grow room was in the old soft secrets magazine 

How did he get in just chase it into corner and catch gently 

• Like 1

The last small bird I had to catch I used a fishing landing net as it’s large . Was quite easy to do once I decided to use that lol 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 3

@Brysee If it was only that easy. I can't move around the growroom like he can, it's full of plants. Anyway, I was looking around for where it could get in and I heard a little tweet from the outside wall, it's covered in rockwool insulation and covered with white plastic, he came through there and started fluttering about. Now I've lost him again.

It's so weird, there's not many places he can land, he's not on the floor, the Qb is too hot for him to stand on so he was flitting between the c/f, osc fan and a trailing power lead to the light. I've left the hatch open hoping he'll fly out but I doubt it.

FML lol 

• Like 1

Doesn't help I can hear his mates on the roof egging him on, or so it sounds to me, the little piss taking bastards:clown:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

The last small bird I had to catch I used a fishing landing net as it’s large . Was quite easy to do once I decided to use that lol 

Yeah, that's the easiest way. That's how I was doing when I was a kid.

My son came back with a fallen nest two days ago, there was two little birds in. One is dead, but the other seems fine now. I'm giving him a mix with seeds and egg yolk mashed in a bit of water.

• Like 1

Oh this is getting silly, so I made my way to the back of the room, crawled down the side as he was spending more time there, I thnk he went out the front entrance, but It hard to tell, they're so fast lol 

I'd rather he's in the house, he's got more chance of getting out. Assuming one of my monsters doesn't kill him :cat:

• Like 4

I couldn't do it mate, this dude is cute as fuck man, well it could be a girl, who knows. I think it's a blue tit. I got him out the flower room and I've sealed it up so he can't get in I hope. I've left the loft hatch open but the loft is dark so I think he might have gone to sleep, he stopped chirping anyway. I've got to go out soon but I've left my bedroom window wide open, which isn't something I usually do after the squirrel incident. 

Only thing is Charlie cat is lying on my bed, he's such a fucker for birds :down:

• Like 3

Well I didn't post last night as I thought I'd be tempting fate but I've seen no sign of my little friend. I'm much more aware of bird noises now though. They're proper chatting on my roof this morning. 

He must have flown down the hatch and out the bedroom window. I hope anyway. The cats couldn't have had him as they were all out when I left. 

It can't be this easy surely lol

• Like 2

We had a hedge sparrow fly into the porch the other day , so i called the missus as she was in , i was out and didnt want it going in the kitchen, so she opens the front door wider and it goes into the mop bucket(empty) missus picks it up takes out and has to tip it on its side , then the sparrow flew casualy over to the feeders ,so tame as we feed them all year. Hope your little friend has found its way home:yep:

• Like 2

@Personunknown I hope so too buddy, I was kinda sad when I got back and couldn't see it, I just wanted to know he was ok really. The nest is just on the side of my house so it's not far, just hope he got through the window and not got stuck somewhere in the loft.

@Arthur Mix I genuinely believe they've cottoned on I don't like their gifts. Not had any outside for ages now, although I suppose this will be the season when they start.

It was driving me a bit bonkers this morning when I went up there, now I'm listening out they make a right racket on the roof, never really noticed before. Not as loud as when they're in the room with ya mind lol 

• Like 2

Its great having them nestso close, we've got sparrows in each end of the roof at the moment, they sound great at daybreak along with all the other birds singing away, who needs an alarm clock(if i slept that late)lol

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Personunknown said:

Its great having them nestso close, we've got sparrows in each end of the roof at the moment, they sound great at daybreak along with all the other birds singing away, who needs an alarm clock(if i slept that late)lol

Yes my wife feeds everything that turns up in our garden and it is nice to watch and listen to them

May just be me but the older I get the more I appreciate all these things

• Like 2