Noid Pot

Anka Point

Heh no as far as I am aware when you evaporate alcohol then ye get alcohol vapour which is highly flamable and the reason you are supposed to work in a well ventilated area when using iso 

So where does the vapour go? cause am pretty sure that evaporated alcohol doesnae just disappear it becomes flamable vapour 

E2A Quite happy to be corrected on this science class was a long time ago lol

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, McHazy said:

Quite happy to be corrected on this science class was a long time ago

Bet mine was a lot longer time ago than yours...hows that for dick-swinging...??

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

and mine prob longer ...its only flammable while swirling about ...it disappears ....bit of ventilation .....do you think it stays for ever in your house ?

just google evaporation Peace

Plus Pot has intelligent fan kept at perfect temps ...cant smell owt

It does tell you to do the evaporation in a well vented area. I watched a video (animation actually) and it shows the POT evaporating the oil but then it shows it being in a dish evaporating to finish it off (open air). Well that's what I made of it anyway.

It says if to much liquid after process pour into Lid to finish evaporating ....seemed odd to me to ...after speaking with the Noid people they agree

manual leaves a lot to be desired .........Im sticking to the infusions atm which seems to work well ....co co oil my fave so good in cafe.

Edited by Anka Point

22 minutes ago, Anka Point said:

Im sticking to the infusions atm which seems to work well

It looks good for oil infusions and decarbing. :yep:

Why they decided to include solvent extraction/evaporation in it’s job description is madness.

Evaporating ISO alcohol (IPA) or any other non-polar solvent indoors without lab grade ventilation  is a big no no. :!:

Jeff Ditchfield did a youtube review of the noid and he said it lacked a stirrer in the glass container but was impressed with overall with built quality. 

https://youtu.be/IqnoHdu1Hyg

• Like 1

Noid man did say NEVER use ISO ect ....only pure alcohol .....Polish Spirytus @95% is there recommendation ...expensive tho (most polish shops ) sell it

Polish shops eh. That’s where I get me Mr. Sheen from ....

....:pitchfork: I’ll get me coat ....

• Like 2

On 01/06/2021 at 6:26 PM, Anka Point said:

just google evaporation

:ohmygod:

just google flash point of 95% ethanol.

On 01/06/2021 at 6:26 PM, Anka Point said:

Peace

There’s no ‘peace’ in house fires.

:yinyang:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Anka Point said:

Noid man did say NEVER use ISO ect ....only pure alcohol .....Polish Spirytus @95% is there recommendation ...expensive tho (most polish shops ) sell it

As far as evaporating it off indoors goes it doesn't really matter whether it's isopropyl alcohol or ethanol, an enclosed space full of highly flammable vapour is still an enclosed space full of highly flammable vapour.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 9

On 06/06/2021 at 5:59 PM, bartman said:

he said it lacked a stirrer in the glass container

The nebula boost doesn't have a stirring/chopping device either (unlike the magic butter) but I certainly wouldn't complain about the end product from the Nebula (or POT) 

Less to go wrong (i'm on my second MB already)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 06/06/2021 at 8:30 PM, Boojum said:

As far as evaporating it off indoors goes it doesn't really matter whether it's isopropyl alcohol or ethanol, an enclosed space full of highly flammable vapour is still an enclosed space full of highly flammable vapour.

one of the pluses of noid is the v.sensitive temps ....it takes a lot longer than other alternatives ,but is never even simmering in a sealed tea cup size silicon sealed Lab beaker.....I do anything like this by back door (open)unless you took top off and chucked a flame at it

I feel pretty safe .......One of those little ninja cunt electric scooter nearly killed me yesterday ....take ur chances eh ?

On 01/06/2021 at 4:58 PM, ratdog said:

that was the point, some people here have them, and have even made them themselves, so it wasn't a joke from what i could see.

Is there threads on these? What do I search?