NUTE ORDER SETTLE AND ARGUMENT FOR ME

JBICE420

Evening gents,ladies n every one inbetween 

settle a debate for me.......

i am adding and mixing my nutes in the following order to the feed am i right or wrong ......

VEG

1)REGULATOR (silicon)

2)CalMag

3)RHIZO (root stimulator)

4)Super thrive

5)zenzyme

6)EC'D to required level using A&B

Im half convinced im wrong already, any help appreciated 

JB

• Like 1

More the question why are you using all that

A+B and some root stim and thats all you should need unless you have really soft water and you may need a bit of cal mag. I grow in coco and thats all I ever use

Owd

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Owderb said:

More the question why are you using all that

A+B and some root stim and thats all you should need unless you have really soft water and you may need a bit of cal mag. I grow in coco and thats all I ever use

Owd

You don't need to PH down your tap water in coco?

If using loads of crap put them in first then you use A+B last to make it up to the required ec. Thats if the other stuff you are using affects the ec. Some dont, like root stims. Always ph last

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Caly said:

For me it's A&B, Silicon, Meta-boost, then PH down.

Silica or Silicon or whatever it is for me too.

Its the one nute i use where i can see the huge differences if I use it or not while the plants are growing. More solid and more robust plants. Its a must have for me.

My next run is going back to my early days of off the over the top nutes (mix of canna and House and Garden range). Just to see if there is a difference, but I do agree they are not essential. 

Edited by Moonstone420

I remember reading that sillicon has to be put in first but I can't remember why or where I read it. May have been something to do with it not becoming available but again, not sure  why. may be worth an oogle

• Like 1

Just now, EarLobe said:

I remember reading that sillicon has to be put in first but I can't remember why or where I read it. May have been something to do with it not becoming available but again, not sure  why. may be worth an oogle

Yeah its meant to be silica in water... PH water... then add nutes.

I don't do this myself and dont have any problems, but thats the way its meant to be added. 

I have used a few brands of silica, and so far Plant magic was the best for me, but I am moving on to House and Garden Amino acid (silica based as far as I can tell) next. 

Haven't heard of pH'ing after adding the Silicon but you do have to watch that stuff. I dropped it off the start of flower last grow and the shit it gave me was unreal. In soil so I didn't consider that the swing would affect the plants as much as it did. Live and learn eh

15 minutes ago, Moonstone420 said:

its meant to be silica in water... PH water... then add nutes.

As @Owderb has already said above,

the last thing you do after everything is mixed is pH,

no point pHing water that's still to have other stuff added.

Unless you can tell me a reason why?

Always learning

:yinyang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Always learning

Should have added to PH again after adding other nutes, but as I said previously I don't even bother myself.

Not really worth it ......IMO

5 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Always learning

I think it depends whether you use potassium silicate or silicic acid. Not familiar with the latter but if I mix the potassium silicate first it often turns into a cloudy gel, apparently because the pH of water and the silicate together is too high. The water needs to be acidified prior adding the silicate to keep it below pH 8 when it is added. I only add the acid once because I know after adding everything what the final pH will be. It just takes a couple of trial runs to zero it in. I put the acid and silicate in a bit of hot water first to help it dissolve...solubility increases with temperature. 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2